OCC home page loading very slowly

I started noticing this (I think) when I updated to Chrome version 5. The problem is that whenever I navigate to the OCC home page that window and any other OCC tabs I have open completely freeze (unable to scroll, click links, type in boxes, etc) for about 10 seconds. This freezing doesn't appear to affect any other sites, just OCC sites. It doesn't seem to be doing this in Firefox or IE, although it's hard to tell in IE because it's always slow :P

Has anyone else noticed this problem with Chrome 5? It wasn't doing this with previous versions I don't think.

Edit: I suppose I should revise the title. It loads just fine, it just freezes up as soon as it loads.

Edit2: I just tried it in Chrome 4 and it's not doing this, but it is affecting the Chrome 6 Beta.

I'm seeing something similar, where it loads the ads and the headers right away but the rest of the content comes a few seconds later. While it might just be a Chrome 5 thing (my favorite browser of choice) it would be interesting to find out exactly what is causing it.

It seems like its not just OCC though, Gamespot is loading as the white-background/hyperlinks problem.

I'm seeing something similar, where it loads the ads and the headers right away but the rest of the content comes a few seconds later. While it might just be a Chrome 5 thing (my favorite browser of choice) it would be interesting to find out exactly what is causing it.

It seems like its not just OCC though, Gamespot is loading as the white-background/hyperlinks problem.

Gamespot seems to run fine for me.

I use Chrome 5.0.375.99 version also and and i don't have any issues with it. Very fast load times on here.

That's weird. You don't have a problem when you navigate to the home page? When I open the home page up, it freezes as well as any other OCC tabs open freeze up for about 10 seconds.

Do you have any plugins enabled that we might have to install to reproduce this? I use Chrome as my primary browser and Chrome5 never freezes. I'm on a Windows 7 64bit box. Could you list both the plugins as well as your OS details? When it freezes do you see anything in the Chrome status bar, like what URL its waiting on?

Do you have any plugins enabled that we might have to install to reproduce this? I use Chrome as my primary browser and Chrome5 never freezes. I'm on a Windows 7 64bit box. Could you list both the plugins as well as your OS details? When it freezes do you see anything in the Chrome status bar, like what URL its waiting on?

I'm using windows 7 x64. I doubt if any of these extensions would be causing any problems, but for the hell of it here's a list of what I'm using:

AdBlock

Google Dictionary

Google Mail Checker Plus

Google Translate

Google Voice

Select to Get Maps

Smooth Scroll

As for the status bar, it says waiting for facebook.com for only a second or two, and then there's nothing displayed for the remaining time that the home page is frozen.

Actually I just figured out what the problem is. I tried opening the homepage in incognito mode and it started up right away. So then I went back to normal mode and was going to disable all my extensions until I found the culprit, and it seems like AdBlock combined with Smooth Scroll really slow it down.

Individually, AdBlock does seem to slow down loading it noticeably, but SmoothScroll doesn't seem to have much of an impact. But when both are enabled the page just freezes for about 10 seconds.

Edited by malmsteenisgod