Dragon Age: Origins 2

InCrYsIs

Yep, just got that email too. Honestly they can shove it right up there arse. As broken as DA2 IS, they should do better than that or do something else for those of us who own that game already. How about a coupon code for an upcoming game? Bioware relaizes they screwed up and are trying to repair thier name.

Edited by InCrYsIs

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how did you get a free one for pc? incrysis why is the game broken?

You can recap my thoughts in the thread. It will be irrelevant soon. Nvidia seems to have a driver on the way and Bioware has stated the 1.02 patch with over 100 fixes is in the certification process. They can't release the patch notes until it comes out of certification but over 100 fixes is pretty robust, Then I can start playing...hopefully.

Edited by InCrYsIs

Free ME2 for the PC. Gee, thanks, I already own it. I'll take a free copy of SWTOR though.

Huge patch with over 100 fixes? About time, maybe they'll allow your companions to actually wear different armor and fix the blandness of the environments. I think Fallout: New Vegas has prettier environments and thats a post-apocalypse world. :lol: Seriously though, the game, while fun and having a good story, is lacking in quite a few areas that made the original so great.

Question: Does anyone know how long nvidia drivers typically stay in beta? The 270.51 beta was realeased on March 30th. This fixes much of the DA2 DX11 issues. I usually don't pay attention to how long these take to get certified.

Question: Does anyone know how long nvidia drivers typically stay in beta? The 270.51 beta was realeased on March 30th. This fixes much of the DA2 DX11 issues. I usually don't pay attention to how long these take to get certified.

Depends. Sometimes the beta drivers are just a place holder until an official one comes out. 270.51 may be the betas, but the WHQL drivers could be 270.68 or something like that. It may take a few weeks for WHQL drivers to come out, I'm still waiting on the Catalyst 11.4 drivers to come out of beta form so we'll see.

Depends. Sometimes the beta drivers are just a place holder until an official one comes out. 270.51 may be the betas, but the WHQL drivers could be 270.68 or something like that. It may take a few weeks for WHQL drivers to come out, I'm still waiting on the Catalyst 11.4 drivers to come out of beta form so we'll see.

Kind of pathetic the last WHQL drivers for my 570 are from 1/18/11

From Bioware Forums

"UPDATE: Monday, April 11, 2010.

Hi everyone. I hope you had a good weekend. We're working with Valve right now on dotting the i's and crossing the t's for the Steam rollout. Based on our current estimates, we expect the 1.02 Patch to go live on PC/Mac sometime tomorrow (Tuesday, April 12).

On consoles, the 1.01 title update is progressing smoothly through final certification at Microsoft and Sony. No issues have been found and they're currently projecting release dates of sometime next week - we're working with them to see if we can pull those dates in any further.

Last Friday we discussed some of the universal fixes that we’ve made across all the platforms. Today we’re providing a high-level view of some of the platform-specific fixes that you can expect.

CONSOLES:

- The options menu now includes auto-attack.

- Armor values now adjust correctly when changing shields.

- Choosing a target at close range is now easier.

- Cinematics are no longer distorted on certain standard-definition televisions.

- Hawke no longer gains excessive coin and experience from rapidly and repeatedly completing a single sidequest.

- Various technical changes should improve performance, limit crashes, and address memory-related issues.

PC & MAC:

- Various issues specific to DirectX 11 no longer occur.

- It is now easier to select party members by clicking on their portraits when the level-up arrow is displayed.

- The game now functions correctly across different desktop sizes.

- The video options menu now allows a wider full-screen gamma range.

- Various technical changes should improve performance and limit crashes.

- We’ve improved our crash reporting and our ability to analyze those reports. If you’re still experiencing crashes, we encourage you to play logged in so we can identify and resolve your issues in the future.

This patch should address the bulk of the major issues that people are experiencing. We’re already hard at work on addressing further issues with our next patch and we’ll be setting up some specific threads in the various tech support forums to help capture any major issues that you’re still facing after these patches go live."