Should I get this AMD rig???

Erriah

http://www.newegg.co...5-285-_-Product

http://www.newegg.co...5-272-_-Product

if u gaming and converting videos 8 gig is a bit of a overkill,because the game that takes the most memory that i know is GTA4 its take like almost 2 gigs for ram.Instead of going 8 gig ,go for these 4 gigs with better timings.

No you are wrong there,the game will use 2GB of ram from his video card,not the system RAM.Go for the 8gig mate,i mean why not?

8gig it is then.

i also like to know what cpu clock speeds would i be able to reach using this setup? im not realy an oc pro bt i cn learn

Def go with 8Gb of RAM. Regardless of whether you need it or not. You won't be disappointed. Disregard anyone who tells you to go with tighter timings over more memory on any of today's platforms.

As far as the HDDs go, if you aren't going SSD or Raptors, I would opt for Western Digital Black Editions. Either the 640Gb or 1Tb drives.

Def go with 8Gb of RAM. Regardless of whether you need it or not. You won't be disappointed. Disregard anyone who tells you to go with tighter timings over more memory on any of today's platforms.

As far as the HDDs go, if you aren't going SSD or Raptors, I would opt for Western Digital Black Editions. Either the 640Gb or 1Tb drives.

:withstupid:

Minus the Black Edition hard drive part, you won't see noticable improvement over a lesser priced 7200rpm :rolleyes:

Here's a few to check out:

Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB

Seagate Barracude 7200.12 500GB (which my dad owns and it's really nice/quiet/quick)

I think a 500GB drive is a perfect size for a main drive, though what size were you thinking of getting??

No you are wrong there,the game will use 2GB of ram from his video card,not the system RAM.Go for the 8gig mate,i mean why not?

No you are wrong there,the game will use 2GB of the main system ram as well.

A computer is basically a CPU that executes a bunch of instructions stored into memory. You can't have a program run without loading the main system memory.

Edit: I've looked at DiRT2, and only in the menu it already uses 600MB.

does anyone know how well the noctua will fit into the coolmaster haf? and if I would be able to exhaust the CPU heat out through the top fan by turning the heatsinc?

guy i should be getting my new rig this weekend,only thing is ill get the standard and not the toxic 5970, thanks for the information was very usefull