Best fans for heatsink

What are the best 120mm fans to put on a heat sink. I was thinking of putting on these from Scythe, but I wanted to make sure there weren't better ones for a similar price. I don't want something that is ultra noisy, but I do want a lot of airflow. Thoughts, OCC?

What are the best 120mm fans to put on a heat sink. I was thinking of putting on these from Scythe, but I wanted to make sure there weren't better ones for a similar price. I don't want something that is ultra noisy, but I do want a lot of airflow. Thoughts, OCC?

signature_amazon.jpg

signature_buycom.jpg

signature_itunes.jpg

signature_bestbuy.jpg

checkout thermaltake stuff, they usually have rly good heatsinks and fans...

i was looking at those slip streams for my heak to do a push pull set up, i figured it be good for these reasons:

-more blades

-smaller dead center (where the motor is, more is covered by the blades)

-high air flow on some models

however i read into it, though its air flow is good, it has low static pressure, because of this, its not a good idea to use it for a heatink. i bought the zalman zm-f3 because they r cheap, and reading a review for heat sink fans, these were good to use

if you want good cooling, look at fans that r 38mm instead of 25. look at the size of the motor hub, and try to find the static pressure of each fan, i dont know what they mean, but i know high is better lol.

air flow isnt everything.

you could have a car that can go 200 mph when lifted in the air, but when a load is put on it ie: on the ground, how fast can it go then?

in the end, look for a fan with what looks to be a good sized motor but not too big as u want more blades then fans lol, if u can afford it, a 38mm fan rather then 25mm, because is has more blades doesnt mean its better, though the zalman has less blades, each blade has more surface area

i was looking at those slip streams for my heak to do a push pull set up, i figured it be good for these reasons:

-more blades

-smaller dead center (where the motor is, more is covered by the blades)

-high air flow on some models

however i read into it, though its air flow is good, it has low static pressure, because of this, its not a good idea to use it for a heatink. i bought the zalman zm-f3 because they r cheap, and reading a review for heat sink fans, these were good to use

if you want good cooling, look at fans that r 38mm instead of 25. look at the size of the motor hub, and try to find the static pressure of each fan, i dont know what they mean, but i know high is better lol.

air flow isnt everything.

you could have a car that can go 200 mph when lifted in the air, but when a load is put on it ie: on the ground, how fast can it go then?

in the end, look for a fan with what looks to be a good sized motor but not too big as u want more blades then fans lol, if u can afford it, a 38mm fan rather then 25mm, because is has more blades doesnt mean its better, though the zalman has less blades, each blade has more surface area

Alright, this is why I love OCC. More info to look into! :thumbsup: I'm looking at getting the Coolit ECO or the H50, so I definitely need something with high static pressure. I'll look into the coolermaster r4 series, since it's got 2 recommendations, and I''l look at other 38mm wide fans. Thanks all! :typing: