Save The Children

ravix

I didn't post this in the folding forum because it is generally aimed at the people who don't fold. :)

Anyway, I was bored a few nights ago, and I found out one of the people who had been folding for me quit. So I created this image to try to win him back. I thought I'd share it with you guys. :)

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeez inst that a little far just to get some people folding for u, just tell them what it does, thats manipulation of facts <_< I can understand wanting to appeal to people.

What the people in them sorts of pictures need is food and basics and mediacal supplies for diseases that are already curable (mostly)

use a pic that is more relevant, that is pic is misleading :withstupid:

Actually, I don't feel it is misleading at all. I got the picture from a site about an African Tribe that is in no way impoverished or needy. I know that folding@home isn't about feeding the children, which is why I avoided a picture of a child that look malnourished. The point of the image is that Folding@Home actually helps people, including children. The fact that you see African children and jump to conclusions about their medical treatment is out of my control.

I'm sorry if the image offended you in any way, but I don't think you have reason. Am I going to win in the folding contest? (no). I just want to bring new people to the cause, and in the process rack up some points for OCC.

edit: you'll notice the girl on the left is smiling. :P

Edited by ravix