Valves Newest Work?

Andrewr05

You have some time on Diablo 3 :lol:

Earliest it will release is 2011, so add on 1 more year (at least) since it's a Blizzard game

And don't feel bad, I haven't played the HLF series either :P

Figure it would be too dated to try now, but if its worth it let me know - you know I trust your opinion

I personally hadn't played any half life until it went on sale for mac. Maybe it's just because I can't stand playing only part of a game series but I bought half life as well and found that I really enjoyed it, and honestly, I think it's pretty important to play it before you play half life 2. Not necessary but important, that's one thing that bothered me about half life 2, it seemed like valve recognized that they needed to make sure that half life 2 was playable without the first game since the gaming world had turned to being all about graphics more than anything. Anyway, if you plan on playing any half life then I recommend playing the first one for sure, graphics shouldn't prevent people from enjoying good games in my opinion.

I personally hadn't played any half life until it went on sale for mac. Maybe it's just because I can't stand playing only part of a game series but I bought half life as well and found that I really enjoyed it, and honestly, I think it's pretty important to play it before you play half life 2. Not necessary but important, that's one thing that bothered me about half life 2, it seemed like valve recognized that they needed to make sure that half life 2 was playable without the first game since the gaming world had turned to being all about graphics more than anything. Anyway, if you plan on playing any half life then I recommend playing the first one for sure, graphics shouldn't prevent people from enjoying good games in my opinion.

It was the dated graphics that actually helped keep my interest :D It was liberating to break free from the "Sparklier is better" trend.

Too True!

but if I were to admit my own faults, FPS games turn me into a hypocrit - I do like the shiny on FPS games :teehee:

I dunno, we'll see. I was looking for a can't pass up deal on Orange Box during Steam's last big sale with no luck so if I see one, I'll try it out.

It was the dated graphics that actually helped keep my interest :D It was liberating to break free from the "Sparklier is better" trend.

I know exactly what you mean, I felt pretty happy about the game once I got a little ways into it because I knew I was enjoying it and I knew I was enjoying the 1998 graphics as well.

Also I noticed that you have the Half Life: Source as well, is that worth picking up? It's kind of annoying looking at my games list and seeing that orange title sitting in the middle of them all. :lol:

Also I noticed that you have the Half Life: Source as well, is that worth picking up? It's kind of annoying looking at my games list and seeing that orange title sitting in the middle of them all. :lol:

It's just Half Life 1 with added water and light effects :P If you wanna play Half Life 1 source, you wanna wait for "Black Mesa" ;)

It's just Half Life 1 with added water and light effects :P If you wanna play Half Life 1 source, you wanna wait for "Black Mesa" ;)

Oh wow, thanks for the heads up. Actually I remember hearing about that some time ago before I ever even thought about playing half life and now I can't believe I forgot about it.

Oh wow, thanks for the heads up. Actually I remember hearing about that some time ago before I ever even thought about playing half life and now I can't believe I forgot about it.

Yeah, sadly there's something about

WHEN WILL BLACK MESA BE RELEASED?

We have always gone for a "when it's done" approach.

That makes me rage :angry: