I have a few HD questions....

t0asty

I have two questions about some HD issues.

My first one is that I am considering pulling the trigger on these Samsung spinpoint F3 deals at $69.99 for a 1TB drive to add to my WD Caviar Black 1TB. Would this be worth doing for a storage drive? I need more storage for movies and music. I am intertested in the higher 7200 rpm drives compared to the higher capacity 5400 rpm drives because I commonly stream my movies from my desktop to my laptop thats attached to my HDTV downstairs and the slower external tends to have lag issues sometimes in movies. What does everyone here tend to use as a main storage drive, but also has repsectable performance?

My second question is that on my WD drive, I didnt partition a section for the OS (sorry it was my first build and I wasnt thinking...) so as the drive has become full over the past few months, the load time for the desktop and some programs have noticably increased. What is the best way to go about creating a partition for the OS, but also keeping everything I have installed already?

Thanks for your help, and let me know if I need to clearify more...

I have two questions about some HD issues.

My first one is that I am considering pulling the trigger on these Samsung spinpoint F3 deals at $69.99 for a 1TB drive to add to my WD Caviar Black 1TB. Would this be worth doing for a storage drive? I need more storage for movies and music. I am intertested in the higher 7200 rpm drives compared to the higher capacity 5400 rpm drives because I commonly stream my movies from my desktop to my laptop thats attached to my HDTV downstairs and the slower external tends to have lag issues sometimes in movies. What does everyone here tend to use as a main storage drive, but also has repsectable performance?

My second question is that on my WD drive, I didnt partition a section for the OS (sorry it was my first build and I wasnt thinking...) so as the drive has become full over the past few months, the load time for the desktop and some programs have noticably increased. What is the best way to go about creating a partition for the OS, but also keeping everything I have installed already?

Thanks for your help, and let me know if I need to clearify more...

One thing that I would try would be to fork out for a reasonably sized SSD and Have the t-Bit Drive for any storage. that would Keep your OS running strong and for data I would go with a Western Digital black series t-bit. That is what I would do Just for Maximum performance without having 6 grand worth of ssd's. As far as the samsung Spinpoint deal for 70 im not sure about that drive. Google search tells me that That bit tech has given it a great review and are very impressed with it though. So, yes i would try that out.

Also have you defragulated and cleaned to hard drive by chance?

I have two Samsung Spinpoint hard drives and I use both for streaming media to my laptop that is hooked to my TV. I have yet to have a problem with either drive, and I have owned one for 3 years and the other for 2.

well thats good to hear.

And I have reformatted my HD even though it claims to be 0% fragmented. I still want to be able to partition a seperate portion for the OS because it would cut down on a lot of clutter in the program files and such. If anyone knows the easiest way to go about doing that, that would be very helpful.