about to buy a notebook

N.E.A

hello there every one, i am going to buy a new notebook soon so i want suggestions.

i will use it in every day use and playing easy games like FIFA but nothing like crysis , watch movies, study, listen to music (clearly)

my budget is like 1100 dollars max and i can not go beyond that ..:D

ACER Aspire 5740G-434G50Mn i like this one from its specifications and looks ..but i hope that writing is easy using its keyboard ..and btw some people told me to stay away from Acer and go for HP , Dell , sony ...etc

they say it will not be as efficient as the others , personally i think that is not correct ...but i am not sure ..:(

they suggested

HP G62-121EE (CI3 2.13/3 - 4GB -320GB - ATI HD5430 , note that the first one i mentioned has a lot more storage capacity and i5 and 5470 in it

Dell Inspiron 1564 (CI3 2.13/3 - 4GB -320GB - ATI HD4330)

those are the suggested ones ..but i need more suggestions and recommendations :D

thanks in advance ..:D:D:D

..:( sorry for posting that in the wrong place ..i hope that some one will move it , it is a bad habit to do every thing so fast ..:@

Edited by N.E.A

HP actually the worst return rate of the industry last I checked... and ASUS had the best, but also a lot less volume.

Anyway, I'd go for an ASUS or a Dell Vostro

:D :D :D :D :D :D

HP actually the worst return rate of the industry last I checked... and ASUS had the best, but also a lot less volume.

Anyway, I'd go for an ASUS or a Dell Vostro

:D :D :D :D :D :D

thanks i will have a good look at them ..:D

what are you looking for battery life ? what size screen? what size hard drive ? what programs will you be using ?

battery i am not asking too much but at least 4 hours , about 17 inch or larger hard drive more than 320 gigs if possible , 250 would be good but i will add another if needed any way ..:D and all kinds of programs , and some games as i said i wont play any thing that will beat the $$## out of it.

but mostly i will be using microsoft office , auto CAD and i will design programs using it as i study computer engineering.

if any can answer me on this i will be very grateful , what specs. do i need

do i need i5 and a mid range video card or will i3 with a mid range card will do ..?

thanks for every who replied here ..:D

thanks i will have a good look at them ..:D

battery i am not asking too much but at least 4 hours , about 17 inch or larger hard drive more than 320 gigs if possible , 250 would be good but i will add another if needed any way ..:D and all kinds of programs , and some games as i said i wont play any thing that will beat the $$## out of it.

but mostly i will be using microsoft office , auto CAD and i will design programs using it as i study computer engineering.

if any can answer me on this i will be very grateful , what specs. do i need

do i need i5 and a mid range video card or will i3 with a mid range card will do ..?

thanks for every who replied here ..:D

I can get you a used Gateway P-7811FX for $800. Someone's selling it for $650 near where I live. Shipping cost would be $50, and I'd want to make at least $100 having to go through all the motions of buying and selling and shipping. I've had one before, and it's great. Battery is 2 hours though, but it's a 17" screen with 1920 x 1200 resolution. Hard drive you can always upgrade, but it comes with a 200GB 7200RPM drive.

I don't have a specific recommendation for you, but why not head on over to your store(s) to see what you like? If they're in the same price range, it's doubtful whether one notebook is remarkably better or worse than the next. Ultimately, you're the one who's got to live with it. I would point out as a general rule Intel CPUs tend to get better battery life and run cooler. I'd lean that way. Hit SlickDeals or FatWallet, or even our own deals to forum to see if there's anything that catches your eye. That may help narrow your search. Good Luck.

I don't have a specific recommendation for you, but why not head on over to your store(s) to see what you like? If they're in the same price range, it's doubtful whether one notebook is remarkably better or worse than the next. Ultimately, you're the one who's got to live with it. I would point out as a general rule Intel CPUs tend to get better battery life and run cooler. I'd lean that way. Hit SlickDeals or FatWallet, or even our own deals to forum to see if there's anything that catches your eye. That may help narrow your search. Good Luck.

that is what i am gonna do but before buying it i will take your advice in which one to go with , i know how will they perform but i know nothing about how efficient are they ..:D

thanks every body.

Edited by N.E.A