Heya, Question About Oc

ortisai

just got my 9600SE and installed Cat 3.09 (i know but 3.10 has issues) i scored only a 6000 in the 3dmark01 SE i have heard people scoring 13k and 7k on 3dmark03.

any suggestions on how high i can OC this card without killing it? I use RAGE3D for my OC prog....

my system specs are..

2.2G AMD ATHLON XP

512 DDR

40 GIG western digital

9600SE 128DDR (and a coupon for HL2 :D )

Edited by ortisai

just up and up til you get artifacts, make sure you got good enough cooling, that card isnt known well for oc'n.

also, what speed is your ram? ddr2100 wont help your scores any either.

If your lookin to score high you might wanna oc your cpu more as well, is it a 3200 (2.2Ghz) or a 2200? i cant tell from your sig

It's your crappy card. The 9600SE is a 64 bit, while the 9600 np is 128 bit. And it's got 5ns RAM, so don't expect much of an OC

now now dont be so harsh, even though your right.

Check your stats and scores, relate them with other people with the same card as you and see where you stand. Dont look up 9600, look up 9600se.

Those nimbers are off my comp scored 18k in 01 and it was @ 2.3 ghz (amd barton) and my 9800 pro was running stock. My 9600 pro 256mb only got about 12k so i dont see your 9600 se getting that much.

well you know what....it will run HL2 and DOOM 3 and Unreal Tournament 2004 just fine, so its a HUGE upgade from my 9000

not quite. it will run them better than a 9000. but I wouldn't say it will do it "fine". you'll have to run a lower res with lower detail than say someone with a 9600np or pro. the memory interface hurts that card a ton. I'd suggest trying to reflash the bios on the card as at least a 9600np to start. If you do be sure to backup your exixting bios just incase it doesn't work so well. You may get lucky and be able to at least get it to a 9600's performance just by doing that. If it works the full 128bit memory bandwidth will be opened up.

good luck :)

how do i "flash" the bios? im really new to this and any help will be greatful....also, after i flash the card, will i be able to OC the card?

you see, i really dont know how to use rage3d so if someone will kindly help me learn how to backup and flash bios, where to find it, and how to use rage3d...and from what i have been reading, im getting a video card fan :lol: someone help~!

now how do i flash this card to a NP or PRO, i have the pro bios saved, i hear cause it uses samsung memory it can go to pro as long as you have a extra fan on it, im really new to this and hope someone takes in them to help a noob

Edited by ortisai