X4 955 Phenom!

Tkrow, 1.35 is what my motherboard puts it at on auto. I have looked at other 955's and they can be at 1.25 when at stock. Motherboard auto is bad in general, but it's fine when you don't oc.

Your motherboard puts it at 1.35V because that is what it's rated for. :) Every PII 955 C2 will default to this voltage. I'm not sure about the C3s though.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your motherboard puts it at 1.35V because that is what it's rated for. :) Every PII 955 C2 will default to this voltage. I'm not sure about the C3s though.

Ahhh ok. I saw some other peoples pictures with it at 1.25, the C2. Anyways, when I get home after school I think I will give 1.4v and 3.6ghz a try :) (I have windows 7 now btw)

Yeah, I'm not too fond of running increased voltages 24/7. Even then if you can't reach 3.6GHz, what does it change? You are most probably not bottlenecked at all at stock anyway. When it comes to temporary OCing though that's an entirely different story. :P

no thats wrong...it depends on the particular chip not the stepping.... my C2 defaults to 1.30v and on another board it had defaulted to 1.28v I think the CPU and the board used and how efficient the boards power is has alot to do with it...

If I was you I'd raise the voltage to 1.4V and then overclock it as far as it can go. For temporary overclocks on air I go as high as 1.55V but I don't recommend that for 24/7 usage.

he has a c2 idk whats different but amd rated there voltage up to 1.5v which is what i plan running mine at actually slightly higher so i can get 3.8ghz.

http://products.amd.com/en-us/DesktopCPUDe...2=True&f13=

no thats wrong...it depends on the particular chip not the stepping.... my C2 defaults to 1.30v and on another board it had defaulted to 1.28v I think the CPU and the board used and how efficient the boards power is has alot to do with it...

What I mean is its voltage rating is always 1.35 as far as I know. Then there are some motherboards downvolting them, some others overvolting them on the Auto setting.

Alright guys, for now I just put it at 1.4v and 3.4ghz, what is the best program to test if it is stable?(I will test on 3.6ghz, don't want to go there without a program). Temps are idling around 34-35. When windows started and I started Firefox, CPUz ect. it went up to 38, not too bad.

Alright guys, for now I just put it at 1.4v and 3.4ghz, what is the best program to test if it is stable?(I will test on 3.6ghz, don't want to go there without a program). Temps are idling around 34-35. When windows started and I started Firefox, CPUz ect. it went up to 38, not too bad.

I like OCCT but there is also Prime95, IntelBurnTest, etc. Just remember to run them for at least 8h. :)

I like OCCT but there is also Prime95, IntelBurnTest, etc. Just remember to run them for at least 8h. :)

Alright :)..I will go ahead and start em at like 10PM tonight and then turn them off 6AM tomorrow!

What priority should I set it at? Normal or High?

Edited by Krieg1337