Do i need an after market fan?

On stock fan and full load for about 6 hours my max temps reach 59-60C. The max threshold for the CPU acording to AMD is 70C. I am running a phenom II X2 555 BE @ unlocked to a X4 B55 3.2Ghz. Now of course real world applications are never really going to put that kind of stress on my CPU. Also if i do put a new fan on what do i clean the thermal paste of with?

On stock fan and full load for about 6 hours my max temps reach 59-60C. The max threshold for the CPU acording to AMD is 70C. I am running a phenom II X2 555 BE @ unlocked to a X4 B55 3.2Ghz. Now of course real world applications are never really going to put that kind of stress on my CPU. Also if i do put a new fan on what do i clean the thermal paste of with?

I usually just use rubbing alcohol to clean the contact surfaces. As far at temps, not sure they sound a little high, but one thing to keep in mind as room temp rises so will your temps.

The cooler you can make your processor the better, but 60C isn't bad for full load.

However once your ambient room temperatures start to fluctuate when it gets hotter your CPU temps will increase as well.

Better to keep it around 45-50 in the colder months so that you can have that 15-20C variance in the hotter months...

I usually just use rubbing alcohol to clean the contact surfaces. As far at temps, not sure they sound a little high, but one thing to keep in mind as room temp rises so will your temps.

Do you remove the cpu to do this? sorry new to tweaking my computer. always had a prebuilt computer so had no need for any of this, but now that i built my own, might as well tinker...because i can. :rolleyes:

I have two Phenom II x3 720 BE systems overclocked at 3.4 GHz running 24/7 with the stock heatsink. Load temps don't get past 60C, either. You're fine.

For my CPU, at most, I can push to 3.7 GHz stable, sometimes 3.8 GHz, but to get there your voltages will have to be at higher than recommended voltages, so an after market cooler is a must.

I have had this overclocked to 3.8Ghz easy with the turbo 30 built into my bios (boosts your system 30%). i tried it out just messing around, now i didnt leave it there long, a day maybe. but that setting also dropped my ram speeds from 1600 to 1066. I'm trying a modest overclock @ 3.4Ghz now, to see how she fares for extended use. will be bumping it slowly higher see what i can do on stock fan.