Coolers for top performance!!!HEY!! this is awsome

Hey thanks but isnt the fins suppose to increase the surface area of the the cooler.thus,im proving the heat release.yeah,the stainless steel is only covering the fin on for looks sake but isnt it important that the fins were made to help release heat.Stainless steel isnt a good metal as it keeps heat instead of helping it to release heat.hmmm,maybe your right.it may not affect the cooling.Since u try it,ill take your word for it.I cant question someone whos has tried it n prove it.Hey thanks alot man.But one thing is that core i5 produce lest heat compare to i7.Not all the best can perform on all types of socket.take core2quad for example.Megahalm perform worst than ocz vendetta 2 on a core 2 quad.

I've used a Prolimatech on a Q9550, Phenom II 965, 955, 940, and an I7 920 all with great results.

Alot of people say noctua d14 is better,or Thermalright Venomous-X is better or Prolimatech megahalm/megashadow/rev.B.Man who do i believe.One thing i know all r great but that tiny little degree n price says it all.I think megahalm is the best!!you??Oh yeah.im getting a new i5 pc with a MSI p55 gd80 but im scare that the heatsink might get in the way.Oh,im love good hardware but i want to make every penny count on the cooler.Suggestions??

You couldn't go wrong with any of those 3.

I had the V10 lapped,that was the worst cooler for the money . If you dont oc its fine ,but when you start

increasing the voltage it did a poor job. I have the Meg prolimatech with good fans and its doing a great job.

Yeah.V10 is bad.Ah man!! that one huge cooler cus it a hybrid rram cooler as well.so who support prolimatech,thermalright or Noctua coolers??

Edited by phenix711

The same Cooler that I have on my AMD right now will cool my I7 set-up I intend to get. Water-cooling for the win.

Yeah water cooling is the best.But in order to win megahalm for example.U will need to pay much more.the corsair H50 cant beat Megahalm and it cost much more.IT think a costum cooler is better.Mix n match.Buy a good thermal paste (Artic silver 5 for example.)good fans(Delta fans modded with self lubricated ball bearings),n others.Takes alot of work n research but u will get the best out of it!! :closedeyes: But WC need maintains n risks.If it leaks your in for trouble.Installation is also abit troublesome too.Your case must be good to fit water cooling.But I agree.WC is for the WIN!! :D

Edited by phenix711

Just curious as to why you think megahalm is the best? Have you tried it or compared test results?

I didnt. sorry.I only rely on review.Most of them show that megahalm is very good.not to say the best.Cus new one come out n can outperform.I think megahalm is still a top cooler.I start this topic so i can learn form more experience people.I have some computer knowledge myself but i want to learn more.Forgive me if im wrong

Edited by phenix711

Ditch your "guru" he's full of crap. Try a V10 and post some #s. The V10 is a steaming pile not worth it's price by half. Just because of clever marketing naming it after an engine doesn't mean you can automatically go fast, fly, or grant wishes.

To the OP

The difference between the old Prolimatech and the new is a different mounting backplate to accomodate 1156 CPUs (as well as still accomodating 1366 and 775 sockets), a 2nd pair of fan clips for mounting 2 fans in a push/pull configuration, and a stainless steel finish on the top fins for asthetic purposes.

I have one of the older Prolimatech Megahalems mounted currently and a new revision B sitting on my desk. Real-world experience not "guru" spewing manure. The stainless steel coating on the top fins won't effect your temperatures. You'll likely not be able to find an older Prolimatech Megahalems new but may find one used. You're overanalyzing the stainless steel coating. It doesn't cover the rest of the cooling fins or heatpipes.

Hi,since you got both.any difference in performance??

I started this topic so i could learn more.I cant always rely on reviews n i dont have the alot of cash to test.But i really love computers n hoping to become pro.This topic isnt abt only abt hardware troubles where i put out options n all say their points through test or experience but to learn more abt anything related to cooling.Wow,if u want the best cooling.there r so many factors.The cooler,fans,thermal paste,modding,back plate,application of paste, n others.I feel im still counted as newbie although i understand quite alot.

I found THIS in an older thread, it has a few of the HSF's you guys were talking about. Unfortunately I didn't see the Megahalems in that list. Not sure why they didn't test that brand, or how it would compare to the others. As always, temps will differ with each specific build, but is just more information to overload your brain.

OMG I forgot titan fenrir!!I fail!!