i7 930 cooling

Prolimatech Megahalems also good. Use Noctua NF-P12 fans though.

+1

While not the absolute best CPU cooler anymore, it's a bit smaller than the DH-14 if room is an issue, a bit cheaper (I believe) and almost as capable.

another vote for the noctua d14 here :)

Prolimatech Megahalems... are they super quiet?

I read here recommendations for NH-D14 Ultra Silent CPU Cooler - any idea how much should I expect to pay? (one dealer here in Croatia... or I can order from my address in the States, and hope it makes it here.)

Prolimatech Megahalems... are they super quiet?

I read here recommendations for NH-D14 Ultra Silent CPU Cooler - any idea how much should I expect to pay? (one dealer here in Croatia... or I can order from my address in the States, and hope it makes it here.)

The Megahalems is as quiet as whatever fan you decide to use with it. You bring up a good point here with your question, though. You would have to add your own fans to the Megahalems whereas the D14 comes with fans included so that will certainly add some cost to the Megahalems unless you've got some spare ones lying around.

Depending on your case you may not have room for the D14 (or the Megahalems if you're really pressed for space). You should certainly take some measurements before making a purchase.

If you want top-of-the-line air cooling, the D14 most certainly wins out over the Megahalems. That being said, it is not an earth-shattering difference in temps, but there is a difference.