Laptop battery

Onion

My laptop is a Compaq Presario F700, and the battery life is SHORT. By short, I mean like 30 minutes at the most. Is there any way the make it longer, or do I have to spring for a new battery?

Try draining it COMPLETELY, so the computer will not start at all. Then you charge it for a few hours (even if its full).

When it's completely charged, you could stick it in the freezer if you dare... Haven't tried this, but it supposedly works...

Check this out: http://lifehacker.com/5496704/store-batter...n-charge-longer

Edited by PeeWee90

I've tried the drain and completely recharge one a couple times and it didn't do anything. I guess I'll stick it in the freezer for a while, its not like the battery could get any worse...

I've tried the drain and completely recharge one a couple times and it didn't do anything. I guess I'll stick it in the freezer for a while, its not like the battery could get any worse...

If the freezer doesn't work its new battery tiem...

Batteries lose their ability to hold a charge over time. That laptop looks like it's several years old, in which case the battery is probably coming to the end of its life and can't hold much of a charge anymore. To get more battery life you're going to need to get a new battery.