Budget 775 cooling

CowKing

in an effort to get to 3.6GHz I figured I would need a better Heatsink than this OEM POS, and I've narrowed it down to two choices

Heatsink:

S1283

Sunbeam Core-Contact

And this TIM seems to be fairly good GC-Extreme

any suggestions other than these? I would really like to spend less than $50 on the heatsink

in an effort to get to 3.6GHz I figured I would need a better Heatsink than this OEM POS, and I've narrowed it down to two choices

Heatsink:

S1283

Sunbeam Core-Contact

any suggestions other than these? I would really like to spend less than $50 on the heatsink

IMO when looking at a bigger overclocks cheap is not the way to go. I can vouch for the below. Not sold with a fan but I put a Noctua fan as per my sig and it works great.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...2-001-_-Product

These perform well on Socket 775, are within your budget, but are tricky to install. Also I've found scythe fans with sleave bearings are prone to packing up (seize) after 8 months or so, so be prepared to buy another better fan like Noctua.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16835185093

Heatsink:

S1283

Sunbeam Core-Contact

Buy the S1283 from Tacohunter in the marketplace...CHEAP!

Buy the S1283 from Tacohunter in the marketplace...CHEAP!

+1

I can vouch for the Sunbeam Core Contact though.. dropped my temps by nearly 15C after I replaced the stock one with it. Allowed me to overclock higher, though I've hit the limitations of my chip and/or NB. Once I get a better fan on the NB I should be able to clock it up higher. :P But for 40 bucks on Newegg, 35 on Xoxide, and 30 at Koolertek, you can't really go wrong with it. Just because it doesn't cost you 70 dollars doesn't mean it cools poorly, its just a more affordable solution for us overclockers. And comes with a fan. :P

Btw, the TIM the Sunbeam one comes with is pretty sweet. Goes on nicely and helps to aid in lower temps. No need for anything else imo.

Edited by bp9801