i7 920 overclocking help!!!

amrmorsy

hey guys, i have read alot of articles and guides for this subject but i am still confused. first of all here are my components:

Intel i7 920 2.66GHz

ASUS P6T Deluxe V2

G.Skill 1600 6GB DDR3

Venomous-x by thermalright air cooler.

I am trying to reach 4.0GHz but the problem is I can't seem to find how to set the multipliers< where are their settings in the BIOS???? Thank you guys. and please if there are any useful guides. please post a link for them. Thanks again.

Amr Morsy

hey guys, i have read alot of articles and guides for this subject but i am still confused. first of all here are my components:

Intel i7 920 2.66GHz

ASUS P6T Deluxe V2

G.Skill 1600 6GB DDR3

Venomous-x by thermalright air cooler.

I am trying to reach 4.0GHz but the problem is I can't seem to find how to set the multipliers< where are their settings in the BIOS???? Thank you guys. and please if there are any useful guides. please post a link for them. Thanks again.

Amr Morsy

How high are you getting stable and what are the over clocked load temps ?

I didn't try to overclock to anything yet, I can't find the multiplier settings, I was following the x-bit lab guide but they said to lock the multiplier to 20x (Default setting) but i can't find how to do that???!!!

I didn't try to overclock to anything yet, I can't find the multiplier settings, I was following the x-bit lab guide but they said to lock the multiplier to 20x (Default setting) but i can't find how to do that???!!!

i wonder why they are telling people to not use HT? (20 instead of 21x)

Guys I overclocked my I7 920 on Rampage II Extreme jst by changing the AI tweaker to X.M.P and by changing the BLCK Frequency to 180... im at 3.6ghz i ddnt change anything else..my question is it safe? and did i rly overclocked my cpu sry for these lame question but am a newbie..

Edited by patodoom