Average 920 voltage

cirro

Is there any post about average voltage/ghz for i7 920's?

i keep reading other peoples OC's for a estimate, but there is a huge variance of voltages.

im trying to get the lowest voltage possible for 3.8ghz, 182x21 and i've gotten down almost 0.4 off it

and im starting to wonder if i grossly overestimated the power needed for this chip

(my q6600 was HUNGRY)

im @ 1.2v now, but i don't even know what the averages are,

ccokeman, road-runner you guys have an average? i know you guys have been through many a i7

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

I'm running 19 x 200 3.8 GHZ with Vcore 1.1875 and 1.2 QPI/Vtt.

My chip gets juicy to reach 19 X 211 4.0 GHZ with 1.25 Vcore and QPI/Vtt. (Overclocks better on 19 multiplier and I don't know why)

Some screenshots:

:foldon:

There all different, that is part of overclocking finding the right settings for each cpu. I have one that will do 4.2 on 1.275 linx stable/folding, another that needs 1.35 for the same and one that needs 1.42 for 3.8Ghz and so on..

Thanks guys ! it looks like im going to average down around 1.19 for 3.8, Looks like i got a decent chip.

Its amazingly better for an OC than my last quad.. I think thats why it caught me off guard.

To get 4ghz from a similar clocked c2q, I had to increase voltage to almost +0.25-35.(easily)

i wasn't expecting a 1.2ghz OC without adding voltage :)

I have read here and there about OC'ing, but i wonder howcome someone hasn't compiled a guide similar to

[p]'s 780i Guide.

Eh, Maybe its more so im used to EVGA boards and their BIOS's Wording.

Everything is totallllly changed from EVGA to ASUS.. (american megatrends bios seems kinda off to me)

1.275v for 4Ghz. 20x200.

^ does you chip do better with a 20x & high Bclck, versus 21x lower? I have heard some chips do better with a odd multiplier for some reason.

I've heard that too but I've had no problems with 20x200. Let's me run my RAM @ DDR3-1600. Been running strong for months without a problem.

Then again I keep hearing that you can't overclock well with large amounts of RAM :blink:

I wish it was the other way around :)

I do alot of heavy video editing & encoding. so it will fail on me if it doesn't have enough juice,

i have gave it a bit more because i've had vdroop problems, but this mobo has a "function" for it.. :\

@rour I just noticed we are using the same mobo