Finally

dling

TRUE... If pump cold air into it from outside it gets down to 35C.. :D

So you are saying that you have a thermalright true hs 1.4 vcore and your load

temps are only 55deg C. :blink: I find that hard to believe. What is the room temp

and what type thermal paste are you using?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So you are saying that you have a thermalright true hs 1.4 vcore and your load

temps are only 55deg C. :blink: I find that hard to believe. What is the room temp

and what type thermal paste are you using?

Reading FTW, look in your quote "if I pump cold air in from outside"

Reading FTW, look in your quote "if I pump cold air in from outside"

I saw that ,It says it will get down to 35deg if outside air is pumped in.

I dont know it that is load temps or not.

I have a V10 cooler lapped, and my at rest temps are at about 40deg. and load temps in the mid

70's at only 1.27 vcore. Our room temp is around 72deg F. I would to hear from others who have that

hs and get there temps. If others are getting the same results I'm replacing my cooler

I have several with TRUE coolers, a couple with Zigmatek on them, crunchers 24/7 full load with 1.35 - 1.425 vcore and 3.8Ghz max temps 70c in 25-27c room. From what I have seen in post around the net the temps are ok with the V10 but surely not the best...

Edit: Of course some cpus run hotter than others, generally the high leakage ones run hotter and are good under LN2...

Edited by road-runner

I have several with TRUE coolers, a couple with Zigmatek on them, crunchers 24/7 full load with 1.35 - 1.425 vcore and 3.8Ghz max temps 70c in 25-27c room. From what I have seen in post around the net the temps are ok with the V10 but surely not the best...

Edit: Of course some cpus run hotter than others, generally the high leakage ones run hotter and are good under LN2...

WOW ,those ate great temps considering the room temp. BTW you must really like it warm 27c is like 80f.

I think I will look into the true hs. Are you using two cooling fans in a push pull set-up?

I'm using the board in sig. I had an evga and still use to e leet tool. I like it well enough.

I will look for some reviews of the cooler you mentioned .

Thanks

In fact it was the board your cousin is getting .

Edited by dling

You might look in the 1156/1366 overclocking competition thread here http://forums.overclockersclub.com/index.p...howtopic=161432 to get some ideas.

I've owned a TRUE and found the Prolimatech Megahalems to work better for me. I run 4GHz 24/7 with no problems for several months. 2 Scythe 110CFM fans in a push/pull configuration.

I feel your want to get to 4Ghz as it was a mythical barrier for me as well. I could hit it with a Q6600 and a Phenom II 965 but not stable. I wanted a stable 24/7 4Ghz so I switched to the i7 920 and the Prolimatech and haven't regretted it. Oh and I didn't need to lap the Prolimatech. I use OCZ freeze TIM.

We should have similar BIOS so if it will help send me a PM and I'll share settings that may help.