HD 5830 or HD 5850

According to the wife, I'm not building another PC for about 3-4 years, so I may as well load this one. The XFX 5850 Black Edition will suffice for 3 years. Besides, my gaming isn't top priority right now anyway, but depending on what I do for summer courses at school, I may have more time then.

I've had that same conversation with my wife which is why I'm stuck with my C2D E8500. Shes not accepting my usual "its my hobby" excuse which worked for quite a while.

According to the wife, I'm not building another PC for about 3-4 years, so I may as well load this one. The XFX 5850 Black Edition will suffice for 3 years. Besides, my gaming isn't top priority right now anyway, but depending on what I do for summer courses at school, I may have more time then.
Glad to see that you came to the conclusion of 5850. Kinda sucks about having to stick to the same hardware for 3 years, especially if you post on this site where new hardware is always being toted about. However, I do see the card still being a decent performer during the wait even then.