new Xigmatech Dark Knight

rmb938

Hi, I just got my xigmatech dark knight yesterday and installed. I didn't take out my motherboard to install it though since amd doesn't need the back plate.I really wish the included something to mount itwith something different then the amd bar thing. I am not 100% sure if the heatsink is total centered on my cpu. I am getting good temps but it would be better if it was centered. Is there a way to use the intel brackets?

Edited by rmb938

Hi, I just got my xigmatech dark knight yesterday and installed. I didn't take out my motherboard to install it though since amd doesn't need the back plate.I really wish the included something to mount itwith something different then the amd bar thing. I am not 100% sure if the heatsink is total centered on my cpu. I am getting good temps but it would be better if it was centered. Is there a way to use the intel brackets?

Did you mount it correctly? My Xigmatek S1283(Older version, I think yours just has more cooling things) and it is very strong. I can't even move it that is how well it is on there. My intel one used to wobble around and one of the push pins actually fell off once. Maybe try to get that bar thing down more? But if you are getting good temps why does it matter?

How much thermal compound or "TIM" did you. Normally to get the best performance ot of mine Stuff I put a very small amount on it and use a razor blade to spread it over the chip. Test install and t its ok i clean it again and mount it.

P.S. I wouldn't use the factory supplied TIM Get you some artic Silver 5 and use that. Be a degree or two better but that is an improvement for 5-10 bucks.

Oh and also What kind of temperatureare we talking about?