X4 955 failing OCC at stock?

could it be the ram failing? Try running memtest

http://www.memtest.org/

I don't have a disc to burn it on. Although I do have a thumb drive somewhere over the rainbow, I'll have to grab that. Then I'll give it a go. It would be a pain to have to drop my memory back to the stock 1333, though. The other thing is that it's at 1.8v right now. Is that a lot for RAM/my overclock? At stock, the RAM speeds are 1333 @ 7-7-7-24 & 1.65v

I don't have a disc to burn it on. Although I do have a thumb drive somewhere over the rainbow, I'll have to grab that. Then I'll give it a go. It would be a pain to have to drop my memory back to the stock 1333, though. The other thing is that it's at 1.8v right now. Is that a lot for RAM/my overclock? At stock, the RAM speeds are 1333 @ 7-7-7-24 & 1.65v

intel got the 1,65v max,,,,AMD do 1,5-2.25v depending on quality on DDR

how do you know it is not the ram?

who told you to set your memory at 1.8v? is that the SPD or recommendation from your memory maker?

my kingston memory runs at 2.1v

if your memory is not getting enough voltage you WILL get a computation error

how do you know it is not the ram?

who told you to set your memory at 1.8v? is that the SPD or recommendation from your memory maker?

my kingston memory runs at 2.1v

if your memory is not getting enough voltage you WILL get a computation error

1.8v is my OVERCLOCK. The recommended is 1.65v. I need memtest, I guess. To check if it's getting the juice it needs.

I am aware that you changed the numbers

I am asking you who told you to set your memory at those numbers

did you just close your eyes and spin a roulette wheel?

set your memory back to STOCK

run the test again and see if your computer is stable

if it is, you have a bad memory overclock

if it is not, you can set your memory back to the timings you manually input

do not mess with memtest yet until you determine if your memory runs fine at stock or not

Edited by potatochobit

I am aware that you changed the numbers

I am asking you who told you to set your memory at those numbers

did you just close your eyes and spin a roulette wheel?

set your memory back to STOCK

run the test again and see if your computer is stable

if it is, you have a bad memory overclock

if it is not, you can set your memory back to the timings you manually input

do not mess with memtest yet until you determine if your memory runs fine at stock or not

Nah, I kept pushing the voltage up by .2 until I was able to cold boot to the OS and function. Only until I started using the Starcraft 2 Beta has my system been crashing. And that's because no other games I use heavily rely on all 4 cores. SC2 does. And ok, will do.

EDIT: Ok, so when I push the voltage to 1.9v, it works perfectly. No errors, nothing. So my RAM was definitely the issue. So now I'm running it at 1600mhz(raised from 1333) and at 1.9v(raised from 1.65)

Just by looking at it, how do those numbers sound? That shouldn't be bad for my RAM, right? I'm hoping not and I can just leave it there. I'll try to see if it's stable at anything lower later on. I just don't even wanna operate it if 1.9 is too high. They're Ballistix Tracers, btw. So they do have heatsinks.

Edited by headbangerbuggy

That is crucial memory, right? sadly I am not familiar with them.

but from reading some of the reviews, the Cas 7 memory, which looks like what you have from your timings, was originally Cas6 memory that failed to run at 1.65v stock. so they rebadged the memory as Cas7 and lowered the timings some and now it runs fine. so, if you are getting the memory to run stable at 1.9v at a higher speed then that should be completely fine but you may check to see what voltage others are using.

That is crucial memory, right? sadly I am not familiar with them.

but from reading some of the reviews, the Cas 7 memory, which looks like what you have from your timings, was originally Cas6 memory that failed to run at 1.65v stock. so they rebadged the memory as Cas7 and lowered the timings some and now it runs fine. so, if you are getting the memory to run stable at 1.9v at a higher speed then that should be completely fine but you may check to see what voltage others are using.

Yeah, it's the CAS 7x3-24. It didn't run fine at 1.9v for very long. It's 1333Mhz stock like I mentioned before, but I REALLY wanna get it to 1600mhz. There's no reason I shouldn't be able to, right?