This is redicious!

No, he doesn't have good airflow. Getting the hot air out should be a priority over getting cool air in, because air will get in even if you don't have any fans, through the vents and other non-sealed areas of the case. You need negative pressure to get the air really flowing, which means you need more exhaust fans than intake fans.

If you look at the case now, your intake fans are flooding the front with cool air, but with all the obstructions in the way, the exhaust fans can't pull all that air out fast enough. This leads to pockets of stale air in the case, which leads to a rise in your temps. Even the cheapest case can have low temps as long as there's enough hot air being exhausted.

I would suggest converting one of the intake fans into an exhaust fan, or simply removing it altogether. Actually, I think getting rid of the bottom intake would be best, since that's the one messing with your case's front to back airflow. The cool air coming in from the front is being pushed straight up through the exhaust fans on top rather than getting to the CPU and motherboard.

I thought either way pulling in or pushing out would the same because as you pointed out these cases are not air tight.

I felt if all fans were faceing in you would get equal amount of air being forced out. Or if all fans were exhail (blowing out )

there would be the same amount being pulled in. That was just my thinking. These thing leak like a sinking ship.

lol nooooo i said by disconnecting the bottom fan im seeing an INCREASE in temps

The way you worded it makes it seem as though the case is experiencing a slight increase in temps but the video cards have seen a major drop in temps.

I thought either way pulling in or pushing out would the same because as you pointed out these cases are not air tight.

I felt if all fans were faceing in you would get equal amount of air being forced out. Or if all fans were exhail (blowing out )

there would be the same amount being pulled in. That was just my thinking. These thing leak like a sinking ship.

While true in theory, unless you have a very porous case, the hot air isn't going to be expelled as quickly if you have more air being pushed into the case than is being pushed out. In the end, getting rid of hot air is always going to be more useful than throwing in cooler, but still room temperature, air. The only time the opposite is true is if you are pumping in chilled air, such as from an air conditioner or through a duct attached to a window.

turn the top fans off and block the hole

turn the back intake off

set the bottom intake on low or turn it off as well

the front intakes should be on high and the exhaust at the CPU and on your GPU should be high as well

see what that does

Edited by potatochobit

The best thing you could do for your case is get a 120MM side panel fan in place blowing right on those two 4890s in crossfire. That might also create at least a little airflow over the northbridge.

I wouldn't turn off the top fans since heat rises and you want to be able to move as much of that rising hot air out of the case as possible.

Edited by wevsspot