need advice from pros :D

kaupee

hi guys.im new and i would like to ask the pros here,how far can i bump my clockspeed for my processor.

the setup is

Intel C2D E7500 2.93ghz with noctua NH-c12p

ASUS P5P43TD pro

2 x 2gb Team Elite ddr3 1333mhz

Sapphire 5750 DDR5 1GB Vapor-X

CM eXtreme power plus 460w

CM elite 335 for the casing.

i can only manage 333fsb x 10 ratio,3.3ghz on 1.31250v.

pls advice me on how to go higher.i believe this processor has more potential than just 3.3ghz

thx in advance bros :D

You will likely need to add some voltage to either your CPU or the northbridge, or both. Not familiar with the mobo you're using but I'd highly recommend you read through the guide to overclocking Core 2 Duos here on the OCC site. It's not really a "plug in this number and go" proposition. Check out the guide and then if you still have questions concerning a particular subject contained within the guide, ask. There isn't really anything here that someone can tell you that you can't read for yourself in the overclocking guide. It's quite informative.

You will likely need to add some voltage to either your CPU or the northbridge, or both. Not familiar with the mobo you're using but I'd highly recommend you read through the guide to overclocking Core 2 Duos here on the OCC site. It's not really a "plug in this number and go" proposition. Check out the guide and then if you still have questions concerning a particular subject contained within the guide, ask. There isn't really anything here that someone can tell you that you can't read for yourself in the overclocking guide. It's quite informative.

how to check the stock northbridge voltage?is there any prog able to do so??thx alot bro... :D

Not exactly sure your stock voltage, but you should be able to determine that by seeing what your BIOS sets it at. I wouldn't go any higher than 1.3 volts or so. I'm not too familiar with the P43 chipset so I'm assuming it's similar to the P45 chipset. Do some research and some reading. It'll serve you well in your endeavors.

done an e7300 before, not familair first hand with your motherboard though. check northbridge voltage

what tells you its unstable- bsods, cant boot, failing stability tests?? I've taken an e2160 higher then that :lol:

check your bios and tell us what voltage options you got, see if its got a strap too for mem

when i tried 3.5ghz.POST msg will show up then when it tries to boot to windows,it will automatically restart.

sure i'll check the voltage options when i get home :D

Edited by kaupee