CPU voltage will not increase

Monomiro

Hi, I'm having a bit of an annoying problem today. I've been trying to overclock my processor (Wolfdale Intel Pentium Dual-Core E6300), I've gotten it to 3.4GHz stable at 1.2875v. I've heard of people getting this processor to 4GHz easily, so I want to give that a try. I got a new cooler and everything, I push it to 3.5, and a lovely BSOD greets me after about 10 minutes. So I guess I need to increase the voltage, well, I know I cant shoot it straight up to 1.360, so I move it a step up to say 1.2985v.

I restart, and nothing has changed. The voltage doesn't go over 1.2875v. I really want to get the best out of my young monolith here, anyone have any ideas?

The motherboard is a Gigabyte EP43-UD3L, its updated to the latest bios version, and again, the processor is an Wolffdale Intel Pentium Dual-Core E6300.

Thanks.

On every motherboard bios I've ever had after makeing any changes

I had to hit F10 to quit and save changes. Make sure the letter "Y" is the for yes to accept.

I hope this helps.

Edited by dling

Hi,

How are you checking your Voltage ? on my old Q6600 I used to confuse my Core Voltage with Cpu VID ... I kept raising the voltage with no change on my voltage monitor because it was Cpu VID, I realized I was making huge mistake, pretty noob actually, it happened that is why I'm replying ... :withstupid:

I think I might be... How would I view the voltage in Windows?

EDIT:

Actually, no, I got SpeedFan, a program which apparently DOES monitor the vcore, and it never goes over 1.28v.

Edited by Monomiro

Pushed it to 3.50GHz at 1.3625v, failed both the IBT and OCCT, but didn't BSOD this time. The good news is that SpeedFan now displays it at 1.33v instead of 1.28v. What am I doing wrong?

I think now would be a good time to mention that my CPU Termination is set to 1.20v, I'm not sure if that would have something to do with it. But I pushed the vcore back down to 1.35 and the processor is back at 3.40GHz.

Edited by Monomiro

Pushed it to 3.50GHz at 1.3625v, failed both the IBT and OCCT, but didn't BSOD this time. The good news is that SpeedFan now displays it at 1.33v instead of 1.28v. What am I doing wrong?

Here is a list of programs i use to monitor the overclock, think this may be useful for you:

Core Temp, monitors your temp and there is an option to display Cpu VID or Cpu Voltage, changing the .ini file

CpuZ checks your Clocks, i mean frequencies

Real Temp, more elaborate than Core Temp

Everest works pretty well too

To stress I use LinX 20 passes, 25 000 problem size almost all my memory, I'm using different setup so don't pay attention to this number, just use all memory you can.

There is also, Prime95 and OCCTPT3.1.0

Post a screenshot with those programs running, we might help you with your overclock.

Is CPU Load Line Calibration Enabled in your BIOS, or are you using normal Vdrop.

BIOS settings would be useful to, try to find a template of your BIOS on the web and post your settings.