CPU Usage 15% but Idle Proc 99%

XxHellxRaizerxX

Right now my computer is completely idle... according to my process list. But task manager and AMD Power Manager show 15% cpu usage. It does this right from start up and I'm not sure what is causing it. I have run multiple virus scans with MBam and AVG but they don't come up with anything.

Any ideas what could be causing this?

post-65570-1263474034_thumb.jpg

Edited by XxHellxRaizerxX

• 2 weeks later...

64 processes running seems like a lot. Your screen shot show 3 instances of Google Chrome. I don't use it but I don't know why it would show up 3 times. Try using task manager to shut down the processes 1 at a time that aren't needed to keep thinks running and see if you can find the culprit.

64 processes running seems like a lot. Your screen shot show 3 instances of Google Chrome. I don't use it but I don't know why it would show up 3 times. Try using task manager to shut down the processes 1 at a time that aren't needed to keep thinks running and see if you can find the culprit.

Each tab is a separate process.

Open up "resource monitor" and it will show you exactly what is running and what it's using.

Also, I've opened this up with both Vista and W7, it takes about 7 minutes after booting for things to calm down (usage wise) on both.