(New to Forum) New build! Help? :D

Lejaregg

Hello everyone!

I just joined this forum.. well, today -

I figure there is a strong community here.

I was wondering if you could possibly help me with a build I'm

looking into, and willing to save up for.

Computer build uses:

-Gaming

-Overclocking

My budget is around $1100.

I'm purchasing all of my parts from Tigerdirect.com .

& I'm keeping my HDD & prior case to knock off some of the cost

and because they can be re-used.

I'm going to get fans (or liquid cooling) and a better case for overclocking

before I start overclocking a lot. (Need to save up money after purchase of parts)

The build:

MB: MSI NF980-G65 Motherboard - (Socket AM3, NForce 980a, 3-Way SLI)

GPU(s): EVGA GeForce 9800 GT Superclocked Video Card - 512MB DDR3 (x2)

RAM: OCZ DDR3 PC3-14400 1800MHz Platinum Series Low-Voltage Desktop memory - 6144MB(3x2048)

PSU: Corsair TX750W 750-Watt Power Supply - (ATX, 140mm Fan, SLI-Ready, SATA-Ready, 80Plus)

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Quad Core Processor - 3.20GHz (Socket AM3, 6MB Cache, 2000MHz (4000 MT/s) FSB, Retail, Processor comes w/ Fan)

DVDRW:Sony AD-7240S-0B Optiarc DVDRW Drive - (DVD+R 24X, DVD-R 24X, DVD+RW 8X, DVD-RW 6X, DVD-RAM 12X, SATA)

=$1,050.00 (with shipping)

Do you think this would be able to play Crysis & possibly AION well? Do you think after getting

the proper cooling products and better learning of overclocking that this build will work good

for overclocking? Do you think I could upgrade for quite awhile? Do you have any other alternatives

to what I've posted? Do you have any objections? Do you think it's a good pricing for all of these parts?

Do you think one of the parts won't work at all with the motherboard/system all-in-all?

Thank you, and I'm glad to be part of this forum!

Lejaregg

It would be a nice setup, but I would reconsider the 9800gt and get a HD5XXX graphics card. The 9800gt is old and it would not be long before you would need to upgrade your GPU.

DVD Drive: Sony Optiarc 24X DVD/CD Rewritable Drive Black SATA Model AD-7240S-0B

MB: GIGABYTE GA-790XTA-UD4 AM3 AMD 790X SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Motherboard

GPU: ASUS Radeon HD 5850 1GB

PSU: CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply

RAM: CORSAIR XMS3 4GB (2 x 2GB) 2 DDR3 1600

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor

OS: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 1-Pack for System Builders

Grand Total: $990.05 on Newegg

One HD5850 is going to beat 2 9800gt Graphics card in SLI and with the Gigabyte motherboard you have the option to crossfire two HD5850 together.

Edited by jlqrb

99% of the people on here will suggest Newegg. so if your not set in stone with Tiger Direct, then id say go with Newegg.

if your going to spend over $1000 i suggest something beefier than a 9800gt. ill put together a build in a minute and ill post

also if your going to want to overclock the crap out of it.. i suggest a 790fx/gx board (if sticking with AMD) instead of the 980a

Edited by ShallowBay

if u want to play crysis in the highest detail i would not go for 9800gt thats old dude,go for xfx or asus 5770 in crossfire on a 790fx sb750 mobo make sure its 790FX with two pcie lanes of x16 u will be able to play crysis on full detail heres the link of the board

http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Products/Mother...?ProductID=3005 this is an amazing mobo

DVD Drive: Sony Optiarc 24X DVD/CD Rewritable Drive Black SATA Model AD-7240S-0B

MB: GIGABYTE GA-790XTA-UD4 AM3 AMD 790X SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Motherboard

GPU: ASUS Radeon HD 5850 1GB

PSU: CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply

RAM: CORSAIR XMS3 4GB (2 x 2GB) 2 DDR3 1600

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor

OS: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 1-Pack for System Builders

Grand Total: $990.05 on Newegg

One HD5850 is going to beat 2 9800gt Graphics cards in SLI and with the Gigabyte motherboard you have the option to crossfire two HD5850 together.

See, here I was thinking the 9800GTs were real good - and just one card around the same prize can beat them both?

Do you recommend me getting two 5850's?

Another question, should I consider 1800MHz RAM - possibly another stick of 2GB DDR3 of 1800MHz if I were to

get 1800MHz or does the 200Mhz honestly not make that big of difference? Should I just stick with getting maybe another 2GB of 1600MHz?

Thanks a lot for the help.. judging by the fact I actually did need it! xD

@minigeek

The only reason why I've been looking at Tigerdirect is because

I believe there is a store near me - so shipping would be a bit less I would assume,

and I like the interface. But Newegg, I prefer - and you are right - I should probably go

with Newegg, because I've always bought my parts from there.

-Lejaregg

Sorry, I take this back - I'll just stick with 4GB of 1600MHz - If I need more later..

I'll get it. I'm just a bit trigger happy about computer hardware.

As you can see - all of this is going to be better than what I have now. :]

-Lejaregg

Edited by Lejaregg