MSI Radeon 5970 overclock

dling

This is my current setting using MSI Afterbuner ,Voltage:1162, GPU Speed:800mhz and Memory Speed: 1201.

Is it safe to leave it like this 24/7 ? My main concern is the voltage.

How high can I go with the voltages and still be safe? Any of you have this card or similar,if so

what kind of clocks can I expect? And do you run them all the time?

I cant help you mate :( mine is on its way i have the XFX black. So no dobt i will be asking the same Qs very soon.

I would say if its about stock volts or just over should be ok. lets be honest if it goes pop just send it back under warranty :)

If I'm not mistaken you need to flash the card's bios to that of an Asus then use Asus's Voltage Tweak tool

Might be off though, I'm still in the 4 Series :D

[/quote

Do you happen to know whats considered to high

Never mind , I forgot you have a series 4 :blink:

Edited by dling

I'm not too good with gpu voltages and overclocks but I'd say u gotta overclock it by flashing the bios. The results may vary greatly of the overclock with any software. Then test with OCCT gpu test thingy for a couple of hours...even for a day. That will tell you if it's stable. Though NOTHING will tell you if it will last forever or it will die after a week. You could try voltmoding it...I personally think that a gpu overclock of under 30% isn't worth it.

He doesnt need to flash his card to asus, since he already has msi.

memory overvolting is done with amd's software that is suppose to be shipped with the card.

Just watch your temp as you add voltage thats all. Voltage is dangerous with heat, it adds heat.

Just been looking and with the XFX card you get an over volt tool. This lets you take it to 1.1625 and 1.15 on the Memory.So i would use that as the max safe volts.

Only guessing though!

that tool doesnt work on a 64 bit os. XFX fails again

Just been looking and with the XFX card you get an over volt tool. This lets you take it to 1.1625 and 1.15 on the Memory.So i would use that as the max safe volts.

Only guessing though!

The MSI Afterburner will allow you to go to 1300 on core volt and has no memory voltage control. :(