No effect with 9600 GT OC

skypower

Title says it all.

I tried to greatly decrease/increase the speed of the clocks in my 9600 GT Gigabyte but I don't see any change to the games I tried.

Help?

Title says it all.

I tried to greatly decrease/increase the speed of the clocks in my 9600 GT Gigabyte but I don't see any change to the games I tried.

Help?

a 9600gt does have the muscle for you to see an increase in games. However you will see an increase in 3dmark,

what are you using to clock it, if ntune KILL IT WITH FIRE

then proceed to downloading the newest EVGA Precision Tool, it's the simplest and easiest OC'n utility for nvidia cards.

you still havent replied to the problem the op stated =.=

Title says it all.

Help?

what is the rest of your system spec's.. and what games..

They can only run as fast as the weakest link will let them...

you still havent replied to the problem the op stated =.=

I just wanted to make sure he wasn't OC'n with ntune is all, it's an awful "program"

what is the rest of your system spec's.. and what games..

They can only run as fast as the weakest link will let them...

That's a great point and may hold the answer we're looking for!

First of all thanks for the replies, didn't expect so many.

I forgot to mention that I am using XP SP3, 2 gb ram and... Pentium 4 at 3.0 hz. I tried to overclock with ntune and rivatuner, in World of Warcraft and Heroes of Newerth.

I forgot to mention that I am using XP SP3, 2 gb ram and... Pentium 4 at 3.0 hz. I tried to overclock with ntune and rivatuner, in World of Warcraft and Heroes of Newerth.

pentium 4 =.= . that is your problem right there . You still ownt see an increase in most game by overclocking a 9600gt anyway though

Edited by Skugpezz

pentium 4 =.= . that is your problem right there

Agreed. Hyperthreading or no, they just don't have the muscle for many newer games (WoW and HoN included).

What chipset?? 965, 975??

I can overclock my 9600GT to 820mhz on the core and 1100mhz on the memory and I forget what I have on the shader clock but I only see 3-5 fps extra with a lot more heat and noise. The P4 you are using is the weak link.