Radeon Hd5850

Ejracz

Is there anyway to save an amd GPU tool profile where it loads automatically on start up. In the catayst control Centre this is possible but the overclock settings are now where near high enough.

Edited by Ejracz

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can try Rivatuner, MSI Afterburner or EVGA Precision. I use MSI Afterburner. Just set the clocks to what you want and know are stable, thick the "Apply overclocking at system startup", hit apply and it's done.

Edited by PingoPongo

You can try Rivatuner, MSI Afterburner or EVGA Precision. I use MSI Afterburner. Just set the clocks to what you want and know are stable, thick the "Apply overclocking at system startup", hit apply and it's done.

Thanks for that, Riva tuner doesn't suppprt windwos 7 64 bit or catalyst 91.12. I've tried MSI afterburner and although it allows you to overclock it will not save the profile. According to formus the save function only applies to MSI cards, I 'll try the EVGA one but I'm sure the same applies

Thanks for that, Riva tuner doesn't suppprt windwos 7 64 bit or catalyst 91.12. I've tried MSI afterburner and although it allows you to overclock it will not save the profile. According to formus the save function only applies to MSI cards, I 'll try the EVGA one but I'm sure the same applies

the save function works fine with my sapphire 5770

Installed the EGVA utility but it only supports nvidia cards

Tried the MSI afterburner again and when I click save it defaults back to factory settings. It's says in the read me file that it only supports MSI cards. Just wondering whether the Saphire card is preventing the overclock. It will run at the overclock settings but can't save them. I don't want to load the program and overclock it everytime time..... I want it to start on boot.

Edited by Ejracz

Installed the EGVA utility but it only supports nvidia cards

Tried the MSI afterburner again and when I click save it defaults back to factory settings. It's says in the read me file that it only supports MSI cards. Just wondering whether the Saphire card is preventing the overclock. It will run at the overclock settings but can't save them. I don't want to load the program and overclock it everytime time..... I want it to start on boot.

if you are trying to run speeds higher than CCC limits then it will revert

flash the bios of the card to asus or msi unlocked bios

Can you flash the bios say my ati MSI 5970 to a Sapphire 5970

which has a higher clock speeds then mine.

I think i know what you're doing wrong.

2roi712.jpg

Forget the save button. Set the clocks you want, press apply, right click number one (circled) and it's done. Oh and thick the "Apply overclocking at system startup" too. Why do you need the profiles anyway?