Phase Change Coolers

MJCRO

Here ya go, $379. you can spend that much on a high end w/c setup.

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/9725/ex-...M2_AM2_AM3.html

ex-vap-19.jpg

its still sub zero ! :]

test results

http://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/1321/ocz_...ted/index8.html

- at 68db however, you might hear that. :lol:

I thought OCZ cancelled that project a Long time ago? I was even looking to buy one for myself (oh about 3 or 4 years ago now) and hav'nt seen one of those since.

you've gotten subzero temps with chilled water? :huh:

Me ???

Ye i can get -9 on idle @4.3 they are 8 oC and low 50s on full load. ( I have the most volt hungry 860 ever made)

Edited by Danny_75

once it warms up you cant re-settle back down to -9c, and you would have to be able to add extremely cold qater quickly. unless your ambient room temp is that of a igloo

i dont really think you can say "same results" when your load is 31c warmer.

Edited by cirro

wow RR thats a nice unit! they do have some that are not so expensive likt the ocz one if you can find them but they are not that good in terms of sub zero cooling for everyday cooling air or water is the way to go phase/cascade is more for benching. and if you must go subzero everyday there are cheaper ways like TEC/pelletier cooling but they are getting harder and harder to find and only keep core2duos below 0c at idle if your lucky. again i suggest water

WOW, nice find man, idk if phase coolers could be a lot smaller and quieter, that'd be awesome! :lol:

once it warms up you cant re-settle back down to -9c, and you would have to be able to add extremely cold qater quickly. unless your ambient room temp is that of a igloo

i dont really think you can say "same results" when your load is 31c warmer.

With my Rig i dont think Phase would help at all, Like i said i have about hit the limitations of my Mobo and CPU.

As for the water warming up. It doesnt i have a cooler running thats taking the liquid below 0. It will run 24/7 @4.3 with temps around 7 oC (day to day gaming/burning )