Case Fans

d3athsd00r

So I'm looking to add some more fans to my rig (Antec 300 case) and I just wanted to know if anyone had any recommendations on fans they have used. I'm wanting to get 3 120mm fans, 2 for the front of my case near the HDDs, and one on the side. Also want them to have blue LEDs to match my PSU.

Any suggestions?

I was thinking that the COOLER MASTER R4-L2R-20AC-GP might be a good fan to use.

yup

Noctua 120mm http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...8-004-_-Product

Yate Loons: http://www.amazon.com/Yate-Loon-Crystal-Bl...m/dp/B0002EXGT6

Bit expensive for fans but there good quality.

I have used them and recommended them to a few of my friends. Had them at 100% for a few years now and they still work like they are new.

Edited by rmb938

I would say get some Yate Loons very inexpensive and move a decent amount of air.

High

Med

Low

High Blue LED

Med Blue LED

Low Blue LED

or Scythe Slip Streams for the price they push a lot of air and are fairly quiet

Super High

High

Med

Low

Super Low

You could also look around that site they have a good selection and pretty low prcies.

Edited by slick2500

Thanks for all those links slick2500. I never knew Yate Loon existed. I mainly just shop on Newegg and get what they have.

Those 2200 RPM blue Yate Loon fans are probably the ticket even though they are a bit louder than the others. My current fans are already quite loud and stay at their highest setting all the time. I like the white noise it gives when I'm going to sleep :)

Those Super High Scythes are also promising at 110CFM but I think I'm going to go with the blue Yate Loons :D

Newegg isn't the best place to shop for things like fans. They tend to overcharge and really seem to hit you with shipping costs (sometimes $5 per fan - OUCH!)

I mainly use www.svc.com for fans and other small things like TIM. I'm not sure if they have the LED Yate Loons, however, their typical prices for the regular ones are around $5-7. Just found them:

Yate Loon 120mm UV Blue D12SH-124UB High

Yate Loon 120mm UV Blue D12SM-124UB Medium

Yate Loon 120mm UV Blue D12SL-124UB Low

All $6.99

I was about to point out that jab-tech had them for $4.95 when you but 3-9, but they are out of stock. So in about a week we will see, and if jab-tech doesn't have them then I might have to go with SVC.

So for my first day with OCC, I've had a great experience so far. Didn't expect this many replies so quickly. Thanks all :D

I was about to point out that jab-tech had them for $4.95 when you but 3-9, but they are out of stock. So in about a week we will see, and if jab-tech doesn't have them then I might have to go with SVC.

So for my first day with OCC, I've had a great experience so far. Didn't expect this many replies so quickly. Thanks all :D

Glad we can help (and welcome you, too)! :thumbs-up: