which monitor

brainfart999

Hey is this the one you mentioned earlier? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16824001317

You probably can get 6 of these and set up the best eyefinity.. ;) I don't think there would be any issue using eyefinity with this resolution... But I think a typical 1920*1080/1200 would be good enough if this one is costlier in UK..

yeah. this is the same monitor recommended earlier. Does it matter that it is 16:9? Also it hasnt got DIsplayport - how easy is it to set these up. This monitor is a bit dearer over here but is still really cheap for such a high resolution. I could buy a couple and add to them later if i wanted more.

i am thinking that it is now a choice between this option (if its easy to set up) or one really nice 30" high res one.

Thanks all for the suggestions

Hey is this the one you mentioned earlier? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16824001317

You probably can get 6 of these and set up the best eyefinity.. ;) I don't think there would be any issue using eyefinity with this resolution... But I think a typical 1920*1080/1200 would be good enough if this one is costlier in UK..

I went with 3xSAMSUNG 2343BWX in the end - managed to get them for

i wouldn't recommend buying ANY samsung monitors because their customer support sucks huge monkey balls. i had the T260HD and it only lasted 34 days before it started messing up and it took me over a month and a half to get a "refurbed" unit from them. They wouldn't even give me a refund OR send me a new unit because and i quote "they didn't have any in stock" If it was me go with an acer or LG monitor. stay far far far away from Samsung.

Well, all we can do now is wait impatiently for your thoughts when you get it setup. Personally I think Eyefinity is a big lump of cr.. stuff. It's all about the hype right now. I give it a few months then everyone will get over it. There's nothing like a 3" bezel in your field of vision. In time, if there are monitors with 0" bezels, I will consider it... maybe.

Also it's so nice when every window opens and half of it is on one monitor and the other on another monitor, and the frickin' bezel is in the middle. I tried multi-monitor setups, and I still ended up with the one largest display on the market. Imho is a lot better.

If i dont like the three monitor set up i can still use just one of the monitors. 23" at 2048 x 1152 is a lot of resolution for the money. A 30" 2560x1600 monitor would have cost 6x what i paid for one of these. If i dont like the set up my two sons will end up with an extra present each. Its a win win situation

Thanks for your thoughts