The "I Just Recently Watched Movies/TV Series" Topic

WhenKittensATK

Didn't you say you were going to watch this like 3 years ago?

:P

Yes lol, I've been trying to be honest with shows in line before it but finally broke down and watched it (knowing that it wouldn't take long to fly through)

Didn't I buy your copy like 3 years ago? :lol:

I believe so, along with Serenity too.

:P

:lol:

Damn, I haven't double posted in quite awhile...

:blush:

That's forgiven, what is NOT forgiven is why they haven't tried rebooting the series, it went from cult classic to a massive fanbase. I know it will have mass appeal with all the instant leftover fans and new ones via word of mouth!

Ip Man- Amazing story of the grand master sifu of the Wing Chun Kung Fu style of martial arts, I highly recommend this to anyone into foreign films or even just martial arts flicks. It has something for everyone!!

Ip Man- Amazing story of the grand master sifu of the Wing Chun Kung Fu style of martial arts, I highly recommend this to anyone into foreign films or even just martial arts flicks. It has something for everyone!!

Avoid Ip Man 2 and the prequel released after. Don't let it taint the spirit of the original movie.

Edited by Krazyxazn

Avoid Ip Man 2 and the prequel released after. Don't let it taint the spirit of the original movie.

That's what my friend was telling me, thank you for backing that claim up!!

Haha, should I even waste my time watching the second then and just see the first?? Is there actually any story/plot I'd be missing by skipping it?

No, all 3 are independant of each other even though there are references to the previous ones.

First is actually a decent watch, but it had me with the A-10 / AC-130 scene - love those planes!

Second dragged, kinda ruined some of the transformers for me, didn't introduce some (most notably the Sideswipe scene).

Third was horrible. Direction was all over the place. The transformers (you know the whole point in watching the movie in the first place) had zero personality, well known transformers had no introduction (i had no idea some were even in the movie till I looked up which ones were in the film online), Megatron was a complete whimp that u pitied instead of feared, Shia LeDouche was even more annoying and you can tell the stardom is inflating his ego, lame comic relief all throughout the movie, and the military scenes were more interesting than the transformer scenes. Well the final battle of the movie was impressive even though I don't like what they did the transformers. It was by far the most action packed and prettiest movie of the 3. My friends loved it. As a Transformers fan I completely hated it. If I was a kid today and all I had were the movies to go by, there is no way I could pick my favorite transformer because the only 2 Transformers they gave any personality to was Optimus and Bumblebee. I'm not going to count Megatron because they completely pansified him, and I don't care how beat up Megatron got in the cartoons you NEVER ruled him out as a threat. I saw this movie opening week and I'm stupid annoyed by it. This is the first movie to actually annoy me and I've seen a lot movies I didn't like. :cry:

Same with OngBak 3...

I swear I was paying complete attention while watching it but I still didn't have a clue what was going on.