Soldier and Demo update coming

CheeseMan42

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.teamfortress.com/crafting/

Valve finally put something in for the inventory system. We now have a crafting system in the upcoming patch.

Soldiers are in the lead by 200,000 kills, which isn't a surprised as its a much easier class to play. I contributed 47 kills as Demoman, sadly Valve decided to do this during my Finals week :P. It probably won't get much higher than that.

http://www.teamfortress.com/crafting/

Valve finally put something in for the inventory system. We now have a crafting system in the upcoming patch.

Soldiers are in the lead by 200,000 kills, which isn't a surprised as its a much easier class to play. I contributed 47 kills as Demoman, sadly Valve decided to do this during my Finals week :P. It probably won't get much higher than that.

Soldiers an easier class to kill? Demos just have to sit there and spam nades from a safe distance, while soldiers actually have to risk their lives. The reason soldiers are winning is because soldier-vs-demo one-on-one, the soldier is going to win, so if you don't have good teammates as a demo, you're screwed.

Just because a Demoman can spam, doesn't mean he is going to kill. Soldiers can spam too, yet they don't always get kills either.

Spam in a particular location is considered strategically placed fire. Soldiers and Demomen do it, just because the Demomen have more ammo to do it longer people take offense.

Just because a Demoman can spam, doesn't mean he is going to kill. Soldiers can spam too, yet they don't always get kills either.

Spam in a particular location is considered strategically placed fire. Soldiers and Demomen do it, just because the Demomen have more ammo to do it longer people take offense.

It's not merely more ammo, it's that soldiers are limited to shooting directly in front of them, whereas demomen can bank nades around corners or set stickies. Soldiers are one-trick ponies and thus why they deserve the extra weapon.

Wished they showed both special unlocks first. Pointless in discussing if the possible Soldier unlock will provide the missing key of a curvature projectile.

The Soldier class was meant to be a direct fire class. I don't really see them adding anything to make them as viable as a Demoman.

Edited by Krazyxazn

Wished they showed both special unlocks first. Pointless in discussing if the possible Soldier unlock will provide the missing key of a curvature projectile.

The Soldier class was meant to be a direct fire class. I don't really see them adding anything to make them as viable as a Demoman.

Well I think a guided rocket in the vein of what's in HL2 would be nice, I'm not saying they'll get it. What I'm saying is that the soldier's two current weapons, the rocket launcher and shotgun, employ similar strategies, the only difference being distance between you and your enemy (although for some people, that doesn't matter with rockets. lol). With the nades and stickies, you're able to employ both defensive and offensive strategies, and that's not even counting the uber-stickying to take down engie buildings. I just think the way both classes stand now, the demoman provides more versatility.

Like you said, we have no idea what the possible 4th unlock for either class could be, so I can only base it on what's currently there.

I can't wait to play this weekend. I'm so busy this week at school that I won't get to play till then. :(

You aren't missing anything lol. It's just a bunch of grenades and rockets going back and forth :D. I saw someone hit 700 kill contribution.

Edited by Krazyxazn

Two unlocks for the Demoman were announced. He gets Highlander Sword and a Targe (Shield).

http://www.teamfortress.com/demomanupdate/index.htm#item_1

The Eyelander holds to a principle all one-eyed Scotsmen with no depth perception have known for years: you don’t kill a man by mucking about with rifles, arrows, rocks, or other long-distance rubbish. You kill him by grabbing the biggest bloody sword you can find, running up nice and close to him, and chopping the dumb bastard’s head off.

Made with pattern-welded Damascus steel, this melee-slot weapon offers a guaranteed decapitation with every killing blow. Unfortunately, because it's haunted, it will suck away some of your soul: expect a decrease in your max health at the outset. However, once the blade feeds on neck, you’ll receive a boost in max health and speed. With each new protesting head you cleave (up to four), you’ll get healthier and faster.

The Eyelander will not deal critical hits unless used in conjunction with the Chargin’ Targe’s charge ability.

The Chargin’ Targe solves a centuries-old Scottish riddle, which is that shields exist. True, the shield might block the occasional sword blow. However, they are essentially weapons to be used for hiding behind, and this is a concept the average Scotsman does not understand. “If I were to pick up this cowering-plate, I would have to put down my second sword,” a Scotsman thinks. “And surely that is madness.” The Chargin’ Targe solves this riddle by turning the useless shield into a deadly weapon you can run at people with and then bludgeon to death.

The targe replaces your tried-and-true sticky bomb launcher, but offers some unique capabilities in return, especially when used with the Eyelander. Just equipping the Chargin’ Targe provides automatic +50% fire damage resistance and +65% blast damage resistance. But the Chargin’ Targe’s main perk lies in its name. Alt-firing will hurtle you toward an enemy at a punishingly damaging high speed (far faster than a Scout can manage).

Charging also boosts the lethality of your melee weapon. Land a melee hit during a medium length charge and you'll be guaranteed a mini-crit. Land a hit during a long distance charge, and your victim will receive devastating full crit damage.

I think Demoman is going to be my class to unlock updates for first.

Edited by Krazyxazn