Soldier and Demo update coming

CheeseMan42

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nobody can deny that, measured solely by their ability to blow people into chunky clouds of tomato soup, rockets are an incredible force for good in the world. But with their wide blast radius, they are not a particularly terrific weapon for showing off your sharpshooting skills.

Until now. A high precision version of the standard-issue rocket launcher, the Direct Hit has been engineered from the ground up for Soldiers who have mastered the art of shooting at their targets instead of vaguely near them. Those of you looking to deal splash damage, stop reading now: the Direct Hit has a 70% smaller blast radius than a traditional rocket launcher. But the rockets that come out of this thing move fast and hit hard: 80% faster and with 25% more destructive force. Best of all, for you real sharpshooters, the Direct Hit guarantees mini-crits on airborne targets.

Not quite the guided HL2 rockets I was hoping for, but this sounds pretty sweet, and like the sword/targe demo combo, completely changes the way the soldier plays!

It took me about two games to get all the achievements. Yea you unlock the targe first, then the sword and then new sticky gun.

I got all the demoman unlocks. For soldier, I think I got pickaxe, gun boots (special unlock; reduces self damage from rockets; probably would have been the same for demoman's sticky if he won the war.), and the war banner (all from random drops).

As greengaint912 was saying, it was either a bug or Valve seriously up'd the drop rate of random items. People were getting multiple items of 3-6+ left and right. I didn't get that much because I was playing the sword and didn't die nearly as much as others.

It took me about two games to get all the achievements. Yea you unlock the targe first, then the sword and then new sticky gun.

I got all the demoman unlocks. For soldier, I think I got pickaxe, gun boots (special unlock; reduces self damage from rockets; probably would have been the same for demoman's sticky if he won the war.), and the war banner (all from random drops).

As greengaint912 was saying, it was either a bug or Valve seriously up'd the drop rate of random items. People were getting multiple items of 3-6+ left and right. I didn't get that much because I was playing the sword and didn't die nearly as much as others.

You got all the achievements in two games?!?!?! I don't care how good you are, that's impossible...unless the games were 20 hrs each!

And I didn't even realize that the weapons could be unlocked via achievements...I thought they got rid of that.