Phenom II X4 940 BE Crashing System?

I have my phenom II x4 940 BE overclocked to 3.6Ghz with 1.4V, HT speed set to auto which puts it at 1800Mhz and my NB is at 2200Mhz. I was away from my computer for about an hour or so, when I came back and moved my mouse, CRASH!! Then it goes into a reboot loop and I have to turn off the power switch on the psu then power it back on.

Edited by SuperEmostastix

Bad oc. Not stable. Did you even run stress tests?

My advice - reset the cmos and start the overclock over properly.

If you did all that, then the cpu might have it the wall and you'll have to downclock a bit...though I don't think so.

Are u new to overclocking?

Well, the overclock was stable for 3 months so I wouldn't call it a BAD overclock. I ran lots of stress tests and been gaming for the past 3 months without out a hitch. The temp never went past low to mid 50's. When idle, the cpu core voltage is at 1.392V. When under load the voltage goes up to 1.408V. I'm guess the slightly lower voltage at idle caused it to crash since it crashed while idle. Anyway, I upped the cpu core voltage to 1.425V and raised the NB to 1.24V at 2200Mhz. Hopefully it won't crash anymore :)

If AMD cool n' quiet is on turn it off, the same errors happened to me , turned off the c+q and it was fixxed. what kind of stress tester are you running?

good luck. im leaning toward everyone else here, Unstable overclock.

I'm only on stock cooling so going past 1.4V runs the cpu a bit too hot. I got CnQ disabled. I lowered the overclock to 3.4Ghz and the voltage down to 1.375V. What's the difference between the CPU-NB VID Voltage and the NB Voltage?

Edited by SuperEmostastix

I'm only on stock cooling so going past 1.4V runs the cpu a bit too hot. I got CnQ disabled. I lowered the overclock to 3.4Ghz and the voltage down to 1.375V. What's the difference between the CPU-NB VID Voltage and the NB Voltage?

If your going to Overclock that Phenom II 940 then you need a Better cooler then stock, i can tell you that 3.6 is not a good idea not even 3.4 on stock cooling because its only made to meet the bare minimum requirements for cooling that CPU. I know for sure because i wasnt getting stable OC's with stock cooling but once i upgraded to a TRUE, i was nearly able to hit 4ghz, at arround 45C Full Load. I was only limited by my Motherboard/memory else im sure i could have gone higher.

Id leave the CPU-NB VID Voltage alone on Auto, and bump the NB voltage a Little bit if your increasing the CPU-NB. But like i said before i realy dont recomend OC'ing on stock cooling else you might shorten the life of your 940. Anyhow good luck with your system! :thumbs-up: