[DEAL] IVIYTH Spies with his little eye

IVIYTH0S

LOL, I can't put it up till I get it hehhhe. Plus the wife is still awake and got no idea about the purchase, shssssshhhh.

"honey did your video card get longer or are you just happy to see me" is her likely reaction.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Ivi, keep an eye out for a good psu, I bought a DFI ICFX3200 and got it last weekend. I'm going to put a c2de6600/8800gtx on it, giving it to my wife's younger brother for purchase privilege points, hehehhhe. What do you think about this one, cheap too. http://www.svc.com/ocz700gxssli-b.html

WHOA!! That's an amazing deal, OCZ units are great. and for $40!! it's total getting added to my list :). I want to buy it just because it's an amazing deal should anything unfortunate happen to my 750 Silencer.

It's generally closer to 30% in newer games IIRC.

Someone needs to do a more recent review with it :( all the reviews about it are old as dookie.

It's generally closer to 30% in newer games IIRC.

ATi has made nice strides with crossfire scaling since the 3800 series cards, as you can tell by the awesome scaling of the new 5 series cards(I am still amazed at the price:performance of dual 5770s!!)

In a quick mix of different tests for my personal use (L4D2, Champions online, UT3, and the Heaven benchmark - none of which are very demanding) adding a second 4870X2 - yes, the dreaded, horrible, worthless quadfire that will hurt your performance instead of help(:rolleyes:) netted me from 10-15% at 1024 res(barf, waste of money!) but between 35 and 40% at 1920x1440. I'll take a quick 40% increase by adding another card any day! I probably would have gotten around 25% with just a 4870 for tri-fire since quad 4870s are horribly cpu limited, but it will help more in the future and when I push 16x AA in more demanding games then the light on resources programs I currently play. I am a little curious on the difference demanding games like crysis or benchmarks like Vantage show, but in reality not only do I not have time to test that, I only really care about performance in programs I actually use...

In all honesty though I did not get it for the max FPS, but for the minimum...at high resolutions with maxed levels of AA my single 4870x2 would dip down into the 35-40fps range on some games at certain times, and now for the most part it stays pegged at the 85hz vsync limit :). A steady 40fps may be fine, but when it jumps from 85 to 40 then back to 85 the fps roller coaster becomes noticeable and annoying, so I wanted to raise the minimum and avg fps.

ATi has made nice strides with crossfire scaling since the 3800 series cards, as you can tell by the awesome scaling of the new 5 series cards(I am still amazed at the price:performance of dual 5770s!!)

In a quick mix of different tests for my personal use (L4D2, Champions online, UT3, and the Heaven benchmark - none of which are very demanding) adding a second 4870X2 - yes, the dreaded, horrible, worthless quadfire that will hurt your performance instead of help(:rolleyes:) netted me from 10-15% at 1024 res(barf, waste of money!) but between 35 and 40% at 1920x1440. I'll take a quick 40% increase by adding another card any day! I probably would have gotten around 25% with just a 4870 for tri-fire since quad 4870s are horribly cpu limited, but it will help more in the future and when I push 16x AA in more demanding games then the light on resources programs I currently play. I am a little curious on the difference demanding games like crysis or benchmarks like Vantage show, but in reality not only do I not have time to test that, I only really care about performance in programs I actually use...

In all honesty though I did not get it for the max FPS, but for the minimum...at high resolutions with maxed levels of AA my single 4870x2 would dip down into the 35-40fps range on some games at certain times, and now for the most part it stays pegged at the 85hz vsync limit :). A steady 40fps may be fine, but when it jumps from 85 to 40 then back to 85 the fps roller coaster becomes noticeable and annoying, so I wanted to raise the minimum and avg fps.

you PSU must LOVE you :lol:

LOL, I can't put it up till I get it hehhhe. Plus the wife is still awake and got no idea about the purchase, shssssshhhh.

hey voltes_5 i show package tracking to your hometown so you have presents coming soon...!!

cya

cj

:D

hey voltes_5 i show package tracking to your hometown so you have presents coming soon...!!

cya

cj

:D

Man oh man, it plays a lot better than my 260, the graphics are a lot more pronounced. I could see the difference immediately when I fired it up and played Dragon Age. Now, to overclock this thing, it is my first on an ATI card so it will be a lot of research/reading for me before I do overclock it.

Man oh man, it plays a lot better than my 260, the graphics are a lot more pronounced. I could see the difference immediately when I fired it up and played Dragon Age. Now, to overclock this thing, it is my first on an ATI card so it will be a lot of research/reading for me before I do overclock it.

i sometimes do the auto tune and sometimes set em up manually....roun' bout 650/1100 good n solid...it can go way more though, up to like 680-690/ 1190...problem setting it up that high is they tend to get warm and images fractalize and artifacts develop. i like to keep em cool at 100% fan with mild-moderate overclock...

play with it brah you'll figure it out...!!

cya

cj

B:)

kwik edit; nearly forgot...you can set fan speeds individually in ccc overdrive settings...

Yah, its the only way to do it, just fiddle with it mildly and then see how I can control the heat. I remember playing with my 8800 gts/gtx cards, on of the GTS's I popped off the heatspreader, LOL, and I got a bare core and the card still worked. With my GTX's, I did the volt mods and pushed them hard. I just found MSI Afterburner OC utility and I thought Evga Precision was cool, this MSI one have some sort of a Core Voltage increase bar, man thats so neat, no need to solder anything on the card LOL.

edit....* fan speed is at 12% and temps are 43/47, now I can plug in my 3 other monitors to it just for fun, maybe to monitor temps and what not, heheheheeh

Edited by Voltes_5

i sometimes do the auto tune and sometimes set em up manually....roun' bout 650/1100 good n solid...it can go way more though, up to like 680-690/ 1190...problem setting it up that high is they tend to get warm and images fractalize and artifacts develop. i like to keep em cool at 100% fan with mild-moderate overclock...

play with it brah you'll figure it out...!!

cya

cj

B:)

kwik edit; nearly forgot...you can set fan speeds individually in ccc overdrive settings...

bump; see pic above in kwik edit..