• It should be easily available but not mandatory
    • No, not at all.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i think it should be mandatory if your buying the ammo not the gun

i would like to collect guns but as far as actually using them.... well maybe a sniper rifle on a range, but that's it

collect working guns???

I wasn't attacking you I was just asking if the guns you collect are ones that work or not.

sorry if i came off harsh, but as to whether they would be working or not it really wouldn't matter to me unless it was a gun i would really like to shoot; in a range of course

Edited by CowKing

what does columbine have to do with this it was about some kid who had SERIOUS mental problems not firearm safety

"Bowling for Columbine" is more than a documentation on the Columbine high school shooting. It is an in-depth analysis on the current state (2004) of the USA as opposed to other countries around the world which do not have guns handed to them on a silver platter.

A project by Michael Moore, it starts off with him receiving a FREE shotgun just for opening a freaking BANK ACCOUNT. Now I'm sorry, but the USA in my mind, when it gets to the point that your average bank gives out shotguns, assault rifles, snipers, crossbows, handguns, you name it, just for opening a bank account with them, has something SERIOUSLY wrong with it.

What's wrong? Gun crime is on the rise.

How do we combat that? Give people more guns to shoot the offenders.

Pardon me?

Don't teach people how to use the bloody things, for goodness sake. Stop handing them out, maybe?

(And I'm sorry, but this subject really makes me rage. I'm sorry if I offend. This doesn't target you guys, but sometimes I wonder how long it will take until this gets addressed...)

Edited by Danrik

"Bowling for Columbine" is more than a documentation on the Columbine high school shooting. It is an in-depth analysis on the current state (2004) of the USA as opposed to other countries around the world which do not have guns handed to them on a silver platter.

A project by Michael Moore, it starts off with him receiving a FREE shotgun just for opening a freaking BANK ACCOUNT. Now I'm sorry, but the USA in my mind, when it gets to the point that your average bank gives out shotguns, assault rifles, snipers, crossbows, handguns, you name it, just for opening a bank account with them, has something SERIOUSLY wrong with it.

What's wrong? Gun crime is on the rise.

How do we combat that? Give people more guns to shoot the offenders.

Pardon me?

Don't teach people how to use the bloody things, for goodness sake. Stop handing them out, maybe?

(And I'm sorry, but this subject really makes me rage. I'm sorry if I offend. This doesn't target you guys, but sometimes I wonder how long it will take until this gets addressed...)

I'm saddened (and a little surprised) that people actually watch and believe the absolute crap that Moore produces. Calling anything he produces a documentary is an insult to the genre.

Guns don't just get "handed to people on a silver platter." States with the HIGHEST carry rates have the LOWEST incidents of gun-related crime. Think about that for a second.

States with the strictest gun laws have the highest gun-related crime rates. Again, ponder that.

I know you guys across the pond don't like guns but removing them from lawful possession isn't the right way to do it. If you take away the guns from lawful citizens only the outlaws will have them.

As for the poll - the training should be mandatory for anyone buying a gun. I don't think it should be mandatory in schools but I wouldn't mind seeing it as an option.

Edited by Waco

teach a man to fish , and he will feed his family.

teach a child to shoot, and he will rob me in 20 yrs.

honestly, i believe children shouldn't be allowed to be taught gun safety until they are old enough to purchase their own gun.

do we teach children how to drink and drive safer? no, because they shouldn't be doing it.

it takes a tiny little piece of brain to use gun safety. and should be easily seen if someone isn't ready.

then it will just be the cops shooting children.

people try to say that children deserve the right as well if the parent's teach them.

most kids can't keep their hand out of the cookie jar, i don't want my son, or my safety to be at the beck an call of some teenagers emotions.

gotta be 21 to drink, but you are going to give a child a rifle @ 16 -shakes head-

look up how many people die via drunk driving, people can't even handle that.

and people who want to say "its our right", well give me half of the rights we are supposed to have and we can talk.