ATI 5970

InCrYsIs

If you look at the clock speeds they mirror the 5850 but it contains 5870 hardware!

I had noticed that and hoped overclocking it to 5870 stock clocks was possible. Looking at the review they didn't have luck getting the clocks close to stock 5870.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I may just have to save up for one of these, I can't find any 5870s and I don't have a video card to play on my computer so might as well. Hope it performs better by the time its available, though if it doesn't hope its worth the %50 price increase over the 5870.

damn no midnight release lol maybe west coast midnight release? lol

http://xfxforce.com/en-us/products/graphic...eries/5970.aspx

watch out lol

http://xfxforce.com/ecms.ashx/1739278f-344...els1/HD5970.pdf holy overclock 1ghz memory 6ghz ram!!!!!!!!!!!!!! only 12 inchs long

Edited by unknownuser200

http://xfxforce.com/ecms.ashx/1739278f-344...els1/HD5970.pdf holy overclock 1ghz memory 6ghz ram!!!!!!!!!!!!!! only 12 inchs long

Clk(MHz)**: Up to 1GHz

[memory] Speed**: Up to 6GHz

** The HD 5970 Black Edition reference GPU and memory clock are set at 725 MHz and 4.0 GHz respectively. Its overclock performance will depend on the graphics card, system and enviromental conditions.

I smell malarkey. <_< they can't overclock them so they sell them unoverclocked and claim they can (I'm deducing, this isn't fact).

Edited by xchrissypoox

im taking a wild guess they put those numbers because those are the numbers the 5870 was able to reach when it was extreme overclocked iirc there was a gentleman reaching those numbers by liquid co2! sooo i agree but still itd be nice if it could even come somewhere close... im just waiting for ccokeman to release his benchmarks... because you know he has some he just didnt release them because the card wasn't official till now lol my guess anyway

im taking a wild guess they put those numbers because those are the numbers the 5870 was able to reach when it was extreme overclocked iirc there was a gentleman reaching those numbers by liquid co2! sooo i agree but still itd be nice if it could even come somewhere close... im just waiting for ccokeman to release his benchmarks... because you know he has some he just didnt release them because the card wasn't official till now lol my guess anyway

There has been delays all over the place for sites. Most of the reviews you are going to see are HIS and ATI. Sapphire has not arrived to ccokeman yet either has XFX, Powercolor, or Asus :(

Sorry might be tommorrow might be Thurs but we will get it up as quickly as possible for you.

I've been reading that the reason they are underclocked are because they have to fit in a 300W range, so they underclocked it to fit in that. Apparently the reason is because they have to support the PCIe 1.0 slot, that only gives 75W of power. So 75W(PCIe 1.0) + 75W (6pin) + 150W (8pin) = 300W. However a PCIe 2.0 slot can supply 150W so you've got quite a bit more power for overclocking. They are even advertising it as easily overclocked with high-quality caps, phase change cooling (I think), and programmable voltage controllers. The GPU's are also hd5870 chips so they can achieve high clockspeeds, and the memory is rated for 1250MHz.

Here's an article