New Build Have $1200

Tazul

Hello im getting tired of my current build because it doesnt perform like i want it to and i want to make another build

i have $1200 and i want a build that can overclock well and perform well. This computer will be used mainly for gaming.

Thanks in advance

Hello im getting tired of my current build because it doesnt perform like i want it to and i want to make another build

i have $1200 and i want a build that can overclock well and perform well. This computer will be used mainly for gaming.

Thanks in advance

You reusing anything (heatsink? dvd drive?)

What is it not able to do as well as you want? Gaming? Or maybe some other program? If gaming what resolution do you run? I ask because the specs in your sig ain't really all that bad. Just wondering where you are looking for more performance.

What is it not able to do as well as you want? Gaming? Or maybe some other program? If gaming what resolution do you run? I ask because the specs in your sig ain't really all that bad. Just wondering where you are looking for more performance.

well id like to be able to play games all maxed out at a 1680 x 1050 or 1920 x 1080 gaming is mostly what i will be doing my current system is okay but boot times are wayy too much and my cpu cant handle too much i also lag in games if i try to play at high resolutions

Well one option would be to upgrade the cpu and video card. If thats the mobo I think it is (like the one in my sig) then you could get a AMD X4 940 which is a quad core Phenom II. And while a 8800gt 512 is no slouch still for many games there are some newer choices that will boost performance. Would save some money rather then starting over again from scratch.

Well one option would be to upgrade the cpu and video card. If thats the mobo I think it is (like the one in my sig) then you could get a AMD X4 940 which is a quad core Phenom II. And while a 8800gt 512 is no slouch still for many games there are some newer choices that will boost performance. Would save some money rather then starting over again from scratch.

i like your idea but i was thinking of an AM3 system does this sound like its worth the money?

ASUS Crosshair III 790FX MOBO

Phenom II X4 955

8GB of G.SKILL 1600Mhz DDR3 RAM

XFX 5770

Thermaltake Armor + Super Tower Case

800Watt Mach 1 PSU

Cooler Master v8

Why not just throw a new cpu and gpu in there then? That mobo is AM2+ right?

yeah it is which GPU would you recommend and which CPU can i overclock highest on a 780a chipset?

Well as far as a new graphics card I'd say one of the new ATI 5xxx cards 5870 if you've got the money. Now as far as the cpu I'll have to let someone else field that question, I haven't had an AMD processor since socket 939 but I know there's much better that you can slap into a socket AM2+ mobo.

Try this one: Phenom II x4 965 it's listed as AM2+ compatible.

Edited by dbuchmann

Well as far as a new graphics card I'd say one of the new ATI 5xxx cards 5870 if you've got the money. Now as far as the cpu I'll have to let someone else field that question, I haven't had an AMD processor since socket 939 but I know there's much better that you can slap into a socket AM2+ mobo.

Try this one: Phenom II x4 965 it's listed as AM2+ compatible.

okay thanks for your advice =]

don't get a 790FX, they aren't worth the money and 8x crossfire doesn't hurt performance. You can reuse your 8800GT alongside the 5770 as a physx card. I'd get the 955 or the new 965 for the processor, and put that on a 790X board.

get these memory sticks: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16820231303

harddrive: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...500gb%207200.12

I'd reuse your case too, that's a good case

Edited by IVIYTH0S