Can't OC My CPU Anymore!

MJCRO

After I bought my 4770 yesterday, I tried to OC my CPU back to its old settings of 400 x 8 1.408V with all EIST & C1E settings off and won't work. I've tried everything to say the least, lower multi's, pumping up voltages, even underclocking. When I raise the FSB from 200 to 201, it just restarts before POST, likes its an unstable OC. Ok plainly, whats to blame the GPU? Mobo? PSU? :glare:

Previous card: HD 2600XT 256MB GDDR4

Edited by MJCRO

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is likely something to do with you PCI-E clock, ensure that it is set to 100MHz and nothing more.

When it doubt always clear the CMOS and start fresh with all of your settings, making a list and checking it twice.

Alright switched out the gpu, put in my old one, posted perfectly and 100% stable in windows. I'm guessing its this card, and I'm glad I didn't burn out a VRM or something. I'll proceed to CLR the CMOS and see where that gets me, I'll keep everyone posted.

My first thought after your last post is lack of power from the PSU. I see the basic specs of your system, but what all do you have going on there? Have you tried using a different PCI-E power cable to the card? I would do a process of elimination as well, removing all other PCI cards or the like and starting fresh.

Ugh, tried both those things, still no luck, I'm about just ready to scrap this CPU for a new one, E8400 or Q9550. This is just annoying! :angry2:\

Its this GPU, I would run the 2600XT in PEG1 and then run the 4770 in PEG2 and it would boot up at 3.2 fine. But when I switch then up, same thing. The 4770 also causes the system to take longer to post. The 2600XT would take the system 3~ secs to hear the post beep, when the 4770 causes my system to 10-15 secs blank screen before post. :angry2:

Edited by MJCRO

What do you guys suggest, should I,

1. Buy a New CPU, which I would right now.

2. RMA 4770, which I really don't want to do because it works fine.

3. RMA Motherboard, kinda deciding on.

4. Something else?

Yeah I'm gonna do that, but how could a GPU change a systems attributes like this, this is sooo frustrating, this CPU is fine at 400 x 8, it would be stupid of me to buy an E8400 when this CPU is fine. I was planning on buying another 4770, but seems like thats not happening anything time soon. <_<