Can't OC My CPU Anymore!

MJCRO

Well since you've already flashed your bios, then I'd say you can rule that out to, as with my experience, a corrupted bios, you'll know right off the bat!

Go ahead and try the driver cleaner! Then the reinstall.

If and when you do a new build, I'd highly recommend a Corsair PSU or PC p&c PSU, SilverStone's are rated well also. Go with a single 12 volt rail, and avoid the multi 12 volt rails.

I know man, def. I used to have a Q9550 system w/ crossfired 5770's and a 850W Corsair, that thing was amazing. But I had to sell to it to scrap the cash for a car. I miss her so dearly. :(

Edited by MJCRO

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, now this is weird, I did driver sweep, cleaned everything out, double checked, reinstalled, still no change. I tried Easy Tune 6's preset default overclocking to Level 3, 350 x 9, and when it rebooted, you hear the POST beep, but right after then it restarts. ? kinda weird. I really think it's this graphics card, because I have tested in this setup, w/ a GTX 260 Core 216, 4670, 8600GT, GTS 250, and nothing of this sort occurs. So ok where am I now. What could possibly be doing this other than the GPU? :blink:

Edited by MJCRO

Well since you've done all that with no joy, I'd put back in the 2600XT video card and RMA the 4770 for a replacement, and when you get your replacement, if the same problem still happens, then I'd say it's time to replace your PSU!

But other members might have a better idea! :)

Ok, now this is weird, I did driver sweep, cleaned everything out, double checked, reinstalled, still no change.

Considering that you have a hardware problem I don't see why you think changing software would fix that.

If you can't fix it with something in your BIOS you aren't going to fix it at all.

Eh no stress guys, I've just nvr seen this before in my life, and I'm kinda disappointed, but I'm not gonna RMA it, I tried the GPU in my brothers Phenom II system w/ a 4670 and 600W Roswill :), and everything works fine, and my OC I did on his of 3.9G/2411 HT/NB, doesn't even flinch with my 4770 in it, sooo. I'll wait a while till I get the money to upgrade to either a Phenom II or i5 system.

Thanks anyway guys, but hey you learn something new everyday. :thumbs-up:

Edited by MJCRO