Lucid Hydra gets benchmarks

Inverted2

Recently there has been talk of the Lucid Hydra a new platform to be implemented on specialized motherboards. The platform will introduce a new breed of graphic card teaming. This teaming allows ATI and Nvidia graphics cards to meld. The original article is located here

In the article a group was allowed to test the new system. It is hard to believe but this platform actually has legs. With a Nvidia 260 and an ATI 4890 the testers were able to get great boosts in performance without matching the card with a duplicate.

lucid_3dm062.png

Image from HotHardware.com

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, not looking too good, a single 4890 almost matching two 260's?? :huh:

Eh, it's 3dMark06. I don't really give a . about a 4 year old synthetic benchmark especially without Crossfire/SLI numbers right next to them.

EDIT: Well, took at a look at the second page of the benchmarking - looks good - but without SLI or Crossfire results to compare to you can't really draw any conclusions from it. :/

Edited by Waco

Eh, it's 3dMark06. I don't really give a . about a 4 year old synthetic benchmark especially without Crossfire/SLI numbers right next to them.

Lol I don't either benchmarks are meaningless, but this REALLY isn't a good way to show the benefits of Lucid

There was not enough tests made, but for a first peek, I guess it's better than nothing. Is it better than standard SLI or CrossfireX? Too early to tell, but it does seem to perform well.

One possibility is that maybe for 2 cards in SLI or CrossfireX it won't be worth it, but for 3 or more cards where ATI and NVIDIA technologies do not scale well in all instances, it could be great.

There was not enough tests made, but for a first peek, I guess it's better than nothing. Is it better than standard SLI or CrossfireX? Too early to tell, but it does seem to perform well.

One possibility is that maybe for 2 cards in SLI or CrossfireX it won't be worth it, but for 3 or more cards where ATI and NVIDIA technologies do not scale well in all instances, it could be great.

I don't see really good scaling at all with just the two cards used :blink:, other than the ati and nvidia combo which was impossible before, the other combos are atrocious.

We have to give it a credit.

There are still issues with drivers not to mention they were able to make the chipset run in a non Hydra motherboard. Let Hydra get more mature and I think we will see great things.

We have to give it a credit.

There are still issues with drivers not to mention they were able to make the chipset run in a non Hydra motherboard. Let Hydra get more mature and I think we will see great things.

Well naturally we all hope for it to shine like it does in our thoughts but as of now, a 4890 with a 260 running physx would be the best combo at this stage of it's progress

Edited by IVIYTH0S

Well naturally we all hope for it to shine like it does in our thoughts but as of now

If it does 80% of what they say it will I am more than happy, however I didn't liked what I saw from the 4890 and GTX260 combo. Meanwhile let's wait (and speculate of course) :)

Edited by ScapeGoat