I need a fan more quiet than the stock phenom2 955

Hi everyone,

I was just wondering if someone could point out a fan that is quieter than the stock phenom II X4 955, man as soon as I start a game I can't hear myself think because of how loud it is....

I won't do any overclocking, just need something more quiet at a low price.

Cheers :-)

Hi,

You'll probably have to look for a good aftermarket cpu cooler that uses a quieter fan. There are plenty to choose from, and they would most likely be more efficient than the stock cooler that came with your cpu.

My 2 personal favorites are the True Black 120, and the Prolimatech cpu cooler.

With both of these cpu coolers you can use 2 fans, and if you use 2- 80cfm fans, they do an excellent job in cooling, and they will be quiet.

Hi everyone,

I was just wondering if someone could point out a fan that is quieter than the stock phenom II X4 955, man as soon as I start a game I can't hear myself think because of how loud it is....

I won't do any overclocking, just need something more quiet at a low price.

Cheers :-)

i use a ocz vendetta 2 and i cant hear it over my case fans or video card fan.. the fan speed on mine maxs at about 1350 rpms and u can turn it down via speed fan if need be, but i run mine at full speed and cannot hear it, and its priced cheap aswell at the time i got mine zipzoomfly.com had them cheaper than anyone else.

I'll be the odd one out here and suggest a non-overkill, and cost-effective, HSF.

Yes, I'm talking about the Xigmatek HDT-S1283V "Dark Knight"

1) it's a great HSF, don't let the price tag fool you.

2) Way better than stock.

3) Fairly quiet, I can't hear mine over my Antec 900s case fans (which aren't loud either).

4) it's only $45 on newegg with free shipping.

some of you are making outrageous suggestions.. he said he does NOT want to spend much. and hes NOT going to overclock. there is NO need for a TRUE or any equivalent.

The dark Night is a good cooler though

Your right ShallowBay, as the 2 I had suggested are twice as expensive as many others, but they were just suggestions, and since the 955 does put out some good heat, I'd hate to see him actually get a cooler that won't cool as well as the stock cpu cooler.

As I said there are many to choose from, and many good and inexpensive choices to be had. So no need to get all up in arms. We're just trying to help! Plus, if in the future he decides he may like to try and OC his cpu, it would be nice for him to know that his cpu cooler is up to the job.

No worries man! I'm sure with all of the suggestions, he will get what he's comfortable with!

I really don't think anyone here is trying to force there will on him. :)

Your right ShallowBay, as the 2 I had suggested are twice as expensive as many others, but they were just suggestions, and since the 955 does put out some good heat, I'd hate to see him actually get a cooler that won't cool as well as the stock cpu cooler.

As I said there are many to choose from, and many good and inexpensive choices to be had. So no need to get all up in arms. We're just trying to help! Plus, if in the future he decides he may like to try and OC his cpu, it would be nice for him to know that his cpu cooler is up to the job.

No worries man! I'm sure with all of the suggestions, he will get what he's comfortable with!

I really don't think anyone here is trying to force there will on him. :)

Thank you all for your suggestion, it looks like I will go for either the dark knight or the ocz vendetta since they are in stock at my local store and are around the 35-40$ mark (CAD of course)