My 1156 Build

TropicalPreist

Kicking this thread off...Im pretty sure i decided on the EVGA for the mobo...just not sure on psu and ram. Case maybe corsair obsidian....Below are pics of the heat sick.

ThermalRight True Copper!!

dscf1140r.th.jpgdscf1141k.th.jpgdscf1142.th.jpgdscf1143e.th.jpg

On second though i might just be forced to get the danger den torture rack. This HS is seriously about as heavy as a freakin brick. I don't feel comfortable with all that stress on the mobo.

On second though i might just be forced to get the danger den torture rack. This HS is seriously about as heavy as a freakin brick. I don't feel comfortable with all that stress on the mobo.

2KG :O

Awesome heatsink though!

One good bump or jolt and your motherboard is a goner! Maybe you could make a plexiglass mount that would support the heatsink's business end. I did that with some old 7900GTX's I had put copper waterblocks on a long time ago.

I know it's super heavy but thats why i said i'd buy a danger den bench table so it could lay flat with the board. Get me?

1236458855372_f.jpg

what's your budget for all this??

Edited by IVIYTH0S

looks pretty awesome so far, I guess you could beg paul for his. Though how come you need such a massive PSU??

It's quad fire capable so down the road i was hoping to use that feature. i thought i might need a huge psu for that? Or would a 950-1000 be sufficient?