The coolest case (pun intended)

thepar

The Raven RV-02 has 3 on the bottom as well. The RV-01 was the first to do the motherboard flip. I know I got one because of that. I like the RV-02 and the one above BUT you'll never get big video cards (5870,GTX295) in either without removing the fans on the bottom.

DSCF3014.jpg

DSCF2838.jpg

Edited by Hedghawg71

The best case on the market is the Cooler Master ATCS 840; if you have the necessary space, that is.

It's quiet, superbly finished, and LASTING (it can accommodate any future build). :ph34r:

That Raven02 is very poor at cooling the motherboard, since it lacks on suction; the exit relies too heavily on the GPUs and their vents and fails to take appropriate care of the rest.

Edited by Digitalis

The best case on the market is the Cooler Master ATCS 840; if you have the necessary space, that is.

It's quiet, superbly finished, and LASTING (it can accommodate any future build). :ph34r:

That Raven02 is very poor at cooling the motherboard, since it lacks on suction; the exit relies too heavily on the GPUs and their vents and fails to take appropriate care of the rest.

Nah i like the obsidian better.

I don't get it. What is the appeal of having the wiring coming out of the top of the case? What sense does that make?
When you remove the top panel you have access to every motherboard input/output that is usually at the rear of your case.

This allows video cards with reference style coolers to blow the hot air directly up and away from the case.

It seems weird but it allows all of your cables to exit from one point on the back of your case which coupled with the overall seamless design of the back of the case is pretty aesthetically pleasing...

I don't get it. What is the appeal of having the wiring coming out of the top of the case? What sense does that make?

Heat rises out of the case bottom to top. With fans helping out it works better to cool off the components inside, thusly less hotspots in the case. The cowling on top pushes the wires out the back of the case and from there I put black auto cable sleeving over all the wires so it looks aesthetically pleasing there as well. Makes sense to me.

Man all these cases look beautiful. I especally like all of the glowing lights on the Raven RV-02. I had another question kinda case related. I was thinking about getting the Noctua NH-U12P heatsink. (I know probally another debate to go on about the best heatsink.)

My question is: has anyone had a problem with a heat sink not fitting in a case or the heatsink covering the ram?

Thanks for the help!!

Edited by thepar

In my rig the NH-U12P fits fine, well clear of the ram.

Ok thanks. I see you choose and ASUS P6T Deluxe V2. What made you choose this over GIGABYTE GA-EX58-UD5? I just want to make sure I am making the right choice.