GTX295 or 5870HD

ArnieF4440

GTX 295 or 5870HD Vapor-X?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Which is card better

• Nvidia GTX 295
    • Sapphire Radeon 5870

cool, thanks for your opinions guys. BTW, I was thinking of later (when i have more money) getting another 5870, crossfiring it, and maybe having an nvidia card for physX (or at least thats how i heard people do it). thats gonna be my next project, lol

Arnie~

Sounds like an unstoppable combo.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, they're selling it a lot cheaper than what I've seen XD. I'm gonna wait for a little while before buying it, hopefully the prices will drop around christmas, I'm prolly gonna have to get it shipped through some of my relatives in the US, don't think newegg sends it to australia XD

Arnie~

Sapphire 5870. All day. Every day. And twice on Sunday.

Anyone who votes different is an NVIDIA fanboy (or girl) that doesn't comprehend the abilities of the 5870 because they choose not to.

Anyone who votes different is an NVIDIA fanboy (or girl) that doesn't comprehend the abilities of the 5870 because they choose not to.

Well to be perfectly honest the abilities of the 5870 don't do anything for me :(

I like my stuff that runs Cuda and until ATI has something its pointless for me to have one for my main rig but thats me :)

As for everyone that complains about the pricing about Nvidia ATI is no better starting price for the 5890 is $599 and the OC version is starting out at $629 :( I am very intrested to see what Nvida comes in at for pricing on their launch in a few weeks.

Well to be perfectly honest the abilities of the 5870 don't do anything for me :(

I like my stuff that runs Cuda and until ATI has something its pointless for me to have one for my main rig but thats me :)

As for everyone that complains about the pricing about Nvidia ATI is no better starting price for the 5890 is $599 and the OC version is starting out at $629 :( I am very intrested to see what Nvida comes in at for pricing on their launch in a few weeks.

Exactly, like I won't ignore the beauty of having cuda abilities, but at the same time I personally don't use them but they are certainly a good investment. (Hence why I'm currently an ATI man) Both companies have their merits

As for the ATI price hikes lately....I don't like it and if they keep it up I'll be a green man again :lol:

Edited by IVIYTH0S