GTX295 or 5870HD

ArnieF4440

GTX 295 or 5870HD Vapor-X?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Which is card better

• Nvidia GTX 295
    • Sapphire Radeon 5870

We have no idea if DX11 is going to catch on. It could be just like PhysX and be a limited amount of titles who flippin knows. By the time more then one title or two titles are here, Nvidia will have countered with the 300 series cards so who the heck knows where things will be in the next 6 months :lol:

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have no idea if DX11 is going to catch on. It could be just like PhysX and be a limited amount of titles who flippin knows. By the time more then one title or two titles are here, Nvidia will have countered with the 300 series cards so who the heck knows where things will be in the next 6 months :lol:

:withstupid: which is why ideally I'd want a 5870-8800GT combo. Ultimate gaming experience DX11+Physx FTW

Edited by IVIYTH0S

Lol, was having a similar argument XD.

Soz, forgot about including these, I'm gonna be running 1920x1080 using this monitor

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16824009175

and I'm doing my build end of this year/start of next. The details for the rest of my planned rig are in my intro thread here:

http://forums.overclockersclub.com/index.p...t=0&start=0

Arnie~

Edited by ArnieF4440

If you can get ahold of one, a Vapor X will be a better choice for reasons, which have already been spewed by the other guys here. I'm Looking to preorder one in a week or two, once I've sold my 2 GTX260s. My aim for my rig is just to have hardware that's futureproof. And whether or not DX11 is going to be a hit or not, any updates to DX will be supported with driver updates on a 5XXX serires card. Unless Nvidia make GT300 a higly efficient architecture like the 5xxx uses, I'm not interested.

+1 5870

If you can get ahold of one, a Vapor X will be a better choice for reasons, which have already been spewed by the other guys here. I'm Looking to preorder one in a week or two, once I've sold my 2 GTX260s. My aim for my rig is just to have hardware that's futureproof. And whether or not DX11 is going to be a hit or not, any updates to DX will be supported with driver updates on a 5XXX serires card. Unless Nvidia make GT300 a higly efficient architecture like the 5xxx uses, I'm not interested.

+1 5870

I'd find a 5870 and get it first since the 260s will sell but the 5870 may not be easily acquired

6 mths from now,hummmmmmm . How about DX12 and we all start over again. :blink::lol:

With the way things have been going I wouldn't be shocked it that did happen :lol:

I had the same skepticism about DX10 that alot of people had. DX11 just seems right. I mean, We haven't seen something THIS good since DX9 hit. and look at how successful it's been. I think It's a Intel style tick-tock. DX12 will suck. it'll be like a DX11.489784735634654.......564339.

IvI > I'm just about to pack my GTX 260 to RMA it back to Scan, once that goes through, I'll preorder that Vapor X 5870.

Edited by Keishii~89

cool, thanks for your opinions guys. BTW, I was thinking of later (when i have more money) getting another 5870, crossfiring it, and maybe having an nvidia card for physX (or at least thats how i heard people do it). thats gonna be my next project, lol

Arnie~