first bios flash

Nakchee

can anyone give me advice on which bios i need to flash to my formula crosshair 2 motherboard, i am installing an amd 955 be,and i have read that the bios needs to be changed to fully support that cpu,only thing is i cant find where to get the bios from anymore,i looked on the asus website but i cant see it anywhere,also do i upgrade the bios once i have installed the new processor or before,i will continue hunting for the new bios but if anyone can help me find it i would be extremely greatful

btw my current bios is revision 2003 7/7/2009

thanks in advance for any help :)

AMD phenom 2 955 be

Thermaltake toughpower modular 750w PSU

Asus formula crosshair 2 (rog)n-force 780a SLI

2x2GB Corsair XMS2 DHX 800mhz

Thermaltake v1 cooler

Geforce 8800gt

using vista 64 bit as well

Edited by Nakchee

Well support.asus.com should have the bios update in there system. please understand that you will have to read the section on flashing the board completly. this will lessen the margin for error.

Go to support.asus.com --- click download link --- select the proper motherboard --- select operating system --- download the bios --- extract bios file: 2003.bin : and put it in the flash drive outside of the folder. I also like to put the award flash bios utility in there just in case. then asus should instruct you on the rest of it.

Good luck and god speed.

ok its in w00t,and everest reports it running at 3214.5 mhz,motherboard temp 38c and while all 4 cores at idle are between 32-34c,the main cpu sensor keeps jumping anywhere from 24c-44c for some reason(even said 17 at one point :O)is this due to a faulty sensor or maybe something else? The other thing that is slightly worrying is the mcp temp,its at 69c,is that a normal temp?

everything else seems fine graphics card 44c,i can even turn the cooler up higher if need be,but i wanna save some of that juice for an overclock if possible,thanks again for the help :D oh btw ups? unninteruptable power supply? what would i need that for,i thought my psu was decent :(

Edited by Nakchee

can anyone give me advice on which bios i need to flash to my formula crosshair 2 motherboard, i am installing an amd 955 be,and i have read that the bios needs to be changed to fully support that cpu,only thing is i cant find where to get the bios from anymore,i looked on the asus website but i cant see it anywhere,also do i upgrade the bios once i have installed the new processor or before,i will continue hunting for the new bios but if anyone can help me find it i would be extremely greatful

btw my current bios is revision 2003 7/7/2009

thanks in advance for any help :)

AMD phenom 2 955 be

Thermaltake toughpower modular 750w PSU

Asus formula crosshair 2 (rog)n-force 780a SLI

2x2GB Corsair XMS2 DHX 800mhz

Thermaltake v1 cooler

Geforce 8800gt

using vista 64 bit as well

IF there is a new BIOS available, I would check to make sure what changes are in it..It may or may not not even apply to or include updates that you need, or even want for that matter.

ok,it seems i have been lucky enough,that i dont need to flash the bios,i'm still a little concerned about my mcp temps,which have now reached 73c,can someone please tell me if that is normal,bearing in mind i want to overclock,which may raise them even further

The UPS is for a little insurance while performing a BIOS update. If the power were to suddenly go out in the middle of updating the BIOS that would be a big problem.

I had it happen one time power went out while updating one. Every time I do it now I thing to myself "hope the power doesn't go out" still haven't got UPS...