Sleevin

I am having trouble orginising the cables. I have a thermaltake xaser III "the blue one" and my psu cables are LONG!! Give me ideas on weare to hide these cables,, also.. i have 7 case fans, a cpu fan that requires a moltex connector, and thermal probs , 1 of them! Thanks

edit.. this is my case now.. i kneed wire manigment.. if only thoes freggin wire sleeves would come!! :P

first thing to remember is be organized when cleaning up your cables. i suggest putting all the wiring from your case fans to the backside of your case (you know the side u never open). since most ppl never take off this panel and since most people rarely mess with their fans after they have them installed, i suggest putting them there. for psu cables, ide cables, floppy cables, and any other ugly cable hanging around, you can try sleeving them with wire loom. i was a newb when i first sleeved my cables, so i used this easy method. im pretty sure that case has harddrive racks, so hide most of your cables behind those. if you cant hide them behind the harddrive racks, hide them at the top of your case in the cdrom slots. heres a pic of mine if it helps.

ok i have tons of wireloom 1/2 but i have no idea hot to put the wires in cuz the end of the wire is begger that the loom so how the hell am i gona get it in there!!!!!!!????

ok i have tons of wireloom 1/2 but i have no idea hot to put the wires in cuz the end of the wire is begger that the loom so how the hell am i gona get it in there!!!!!!!????

Do you have split loom or regular? If you don't have spilt loom, you'll have to get a molex remover or be careful with needle nose pliers and take them off. I suggest a molex remover b/c of ease, but it can be done with pliers. Once you have the molex connector off, it'll be easy from there.

I think the most untapped space to hide wires is under the motherboard. As long as your careful, you can fit alot under it, including the ide ribbons. Round ide cables look great, but they have nothing on IDE cables that aren't even visible. :)

Also, you can do like I did, and remove the wires from your PSU that you aren't going to use. I removed the intel-specific wires from my psu and hid the ends inside the psu. Of course I saved the wires/plugs, so if I ever go intel I can solder them back on.

Here is a picture of the process:

I see a lot of fans, if you can solder and heat shrink dasy chain them,instead of using a big 4 pin molex for each of them. The higher one to the second one and into a 2 or 3 pin fan plug. Most all of your mess is caused by molex pass trough for your fans which dont need the 2 ground and 5 volt they need just a 12V and a ground wire if you can eliminate 2 wires and molex plug that way and then sleeve just 1 time you're on your way ;)

I would wire those 4 orange fans with just one 2 wire connector a nice pig tail between the side pannel and the rear ones and plug it all to a hidden molex

You have a ton of mile long wires shorten them (cut, solder heat shrink sleeve)

Edited by kobalt

ok..were do i get the pins to sodder onto the end of each wire?? looked on google and xoxides but no luck.. do you see any good way to hide the wires also.. i kinda see a place on the side but still sticks out!!

o ya.. how do you sleeve the BIG power cabel.. or AUX cable or somthin.. iv tried pins and needles to get the pins out.. no luck.. very thin stuff just bends or pushes into your skin!! :rolleyes: